Pictures of your biggest ferrecting days

tony

HELLS BELLS CHALKIE ,

YOUR TEAM MUST BE THE ONLY ONE IN THE COUNTRY THAT HAS TO TAKE A PNEUMATIC DRILL AND COMPRESSER OUT !!

TO BE HONEST ONCE HAD TO DIG THROUGH A TARMAC ROAD AFTER A TERRIER , WE REALLY DID LOOK THE BIZ WITH CONES , VESTS AND A PICK UP COMPLETE WITH FLASHING LIGHT ............... ALWAYS DID WONDER WHAT THE COUNCIL THOUGHT WHEN THEY FOUND OUT SOME FIRM HADNT BEEN BACK TO TARMAC THE ROAD :laugh: ,

AND YES MATE ....... I REALLY CAN SEE WHERE THE WIRE MESH TRAPS COME IN HANDY .....

JUST DO ME A FAVOUR ...... AND WATCH OUT FOR THE FOREIGN LORRY DRIVERS ..... FECKIN NEARLY GOT KNOCKED OVER RECENTLY WHEN THE PRATT MISS JUDGED A CORNER WITH DRIVEING WITH HIS STEERING WHEEL WRONG SIDE AND A FECKIN GREAT BIG TELLY WHERE HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SITTING !, LUCKY IAM QUICK ON MY OLD PLATES OF MEAT :clapper:

ALL THE BEST

DUCKWING

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:icon_eek: .....You have a hard working life CW.... :D

Not realy Frank,..I just get the Curry pot on the boil....

:victory: I'm the camp cook,..its all I'm fit for... :drink::drink:

:laugh: ...Im sure you muck in at some stage and them lads are doing a grand job, fair play to you all for getting stuck in, its not all easy. :thumbs: .................Errm, any vaccancies? :icon_redface::D

• 2 weeks later...
here is a more recent bag of 71 rabbits count these ones then foxdropper i dont need to lie about how many rabbits i kill mate :no:100_0365.jpg

Never called you a liar .A simple -' they are in two's and some are behind the chap on the right ' would have done .I suppose an added "LOL" with my post would of calmed you down .Ive heard enough to know that you are one of ,if not THE most prolific rabbit catcher in the north :thumbs: .Good job we dont have the numbers down here as I would have used the bottem strand of wire as well :tongue2: .Good hunting to you all .Foxdropper .

PS ...........................and there only 64 in the pic ,must be some in the box .LOL.

Edited by foxdropper
here is a more recent bag of 71 rabbits count these ones then foxdropper i dont need to lie about how many rabbits i kill mate :no:100_0365.jpg

i take my hat of to u woodga would love to have ground that holds that amount of rabbits, but i dont .but still am happy with what i have because one day somebody might try and stop us all doing what we all love doing hunting full stop. so leave woodga alone and just be happy with what ever land u have to hunt on be it one or two rabbits or three hundred .if we cant stick togather what chance have we happy hunting (p.s 43 is my best ,0 my worse)

i take my hat of to u woodga would love to have ground that holds that amount of rabbits,

I think that says it all, most reasonably fit people with a bit of knotted string and a couple of polecats could get hundreds of rabbits :haha: ....IF THE LAND HAD THEM! :thumbs:

This is a great thread, with great pics and comments but big bags can only ever happen if a number of circumstances come together. Now, I don't ferret but I have people I use if I need them, I'm a shooter, and been doing if for 35 years, up until recently the best I'd ever done with squirrels was about 10 or 12 in a day. Then I get a call from the local council...help we are overun with greys.... and I get 132 in 3 days. Obviously I am chuffed with the numbers (so was the council) but if truth be known I had more satisfaction about 4 years ago shooting 1 squirrel which was a real crafty bugger, and I had been after him for about 2 weeks! Take nothing away from numbers and we all get a big kick from big numbers but I have had many (well one or two) enjoyable days out hunting when I have drawn a blank. (they are not quite so enjoyable when you are being paid)

Edited by Deker
Guest john2007oliver
AND I WONDER WHY LADS WITH VAST EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE WILL NOT PASS IT ON TO OTHER MEMBERS OF THE HUNTINGLIFE ? ...... MAYBE ITS BECAUSE OF ALL THE BACK BITEING AND LEARY COMMENTS EVERYTIME A POSTS MADE ?

DUCKWING :big_boss:

Well i don't mind any advice being PM directly to me to bypass any "back biting" because im still learning, all advice welcome :drink::toast:

i take my hat of to u woodga would love to have ground that holds that amount of rabbits,

I think that says it all, most reasonably fit people with a bit of knotted string and a couple of polecats could get hundreds of rabbits :haha: ....IF THE LAND HAD THEM! :thumbs:

This is a great thread, with great pics and comments but big bags can only ever happen if a number of circumstances come together. Now, I don't ferret but I have people I use if I need them, I'm a shooter, and been doing if for 35 years, up until recently the best I'd ever done with squirrels was about 10 or 12 in a day. Then I get a call from the local council...help we are overun with greys.... and I get 132 in 3 days. Obviously I am chuffed with the numbers (so was the council) but if truth be known I had more satisfaction about 4 years ago shooting 1 squirrel which was a real crafty bugger, and I had been after him for about 2 weeks! Take nothing away from numbers and we all get a big kick from big numbers but I have had many (well one or two) enjoyable days out hunting when I have drawn a blank. (they are not quite so enjoyable when you are being paid)

WELL SAID THAT MAN,YOU NEED PLENTY OF RABBITS TO MAKE THE BIG BAGS,YOUR NO LESS A FERRETER IF YOU DONT MATCH THESE NUMBERS, THERE JUST LUCKY TO HAVE GOOD RABBIT GROUND,MIND YOU I THINK EVRYONE WOULD LIKE A CHANCE AT A BIG BAG,THESE WERE CAUGHT USING DOGS AND LONGNETS,AND YES MINE IS THE BIG BLACK DOG THAT HITS THE LONGNETS AND MUGS THE OTHER DOGS FOR THIER RABBITS ,67 RABBITS HERE INCLUDING A WHITE ONE ????? :whistling:

post-11397-1197396311_thumb.jpg

Nice pic nrat... :clapper:

In all my 40 + years of rabbiting,..I've never caught a white rabbit,...mind you,.I've never trapped a white mole either.

There is still time though,...I hope... :laugh::laugh:

:icon_redface::whistling::icon_redface: bit embarrasing really the white rabbit was the first caught in the long net followed by the dog,later on a lady saw us ferreting and came across ,you wont shoot the white rabbit will you,no i replied truthfully,we had already necked it, there is another one there,and unless ione of the dogs pick it up we will leave it be,theres enough for all to enjoy,all the best chalkwarren,and happy exmas :bye:

IMG_0026-1.jpg

IMG_0019-1.jpg

Some of our better days recently, years back we took 50+ in the wooler and lauder area's, nobody including me bothered to take photo's then. These places you could just walk the dogs out and kill 20 rabbits in couple of hours, like other others have said you can only catch what the ground holds.