Silly Or Amusing Phrases.....

if I asked my dad were something was , he used to say I dint know it might be up jacks arse in America

me mam still says it. ?..never really got my head around it :laugh:

My mam still says "Up my arse, top shelf !", even if you're only asking her where she keeps the sugar !

there nutters!

Either that or both from Notts ?

must be

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beat him like a ginger stepchild lol     Cheers, D.

If ever I did owt wrong, mi mam always said, I'll knock you into middle of next week, if you do that again :-)

"Her pussy was wetter than a spastics chin"   Ffs that's wrong but funny ?

if I used to ask for summat as a kid,.my ma used to say, ill get you two, grrrrre that annoyed me but I now say it to.my own kids lol

if I ever said that's no fair, my ole granda used to.say lifes no fair, neither is the hair on a darkies arse lol

:laugh: my Da would say "neither is a blackmans arse its all pink and puckered" never asked him how he knew that... :icon_eek:

• Like 1

When asking for what was tea I was always told chums and butter daycocks. Always thought it was bread and butter but who knows

I was told fleas knees and chickens elbows, with cockles and pop for desert.

TC

If we asked where someone was, Dad would say that they "went mad, so I shot 'em !"

Interesting how there's similar phrases in different regions. Similar to Peterhunters phrase, my dad used to say "and if me dad had tits he'd have been me mam."

• Like 2

In reply to 'I thought you knew/I thought you had it' etc, I've heard "You know what thought did ? Stuck a feather in the ground and thought he'd grow a chicken"........and I've heard it as far apart as Yorkshire and London.......

Any one who was a bit tight was a ""dry lunch " to mean to pay for gravy Or my mothers favourite was " he wouldn't give his shit to the crows ...any one who was being a bit nosey or shifty looking my old fella came out with " he's got eyes like a shit house rat " ...and the definition of impossible was " got more chance of swimming the Atlantic with a cooker on your back "