My New Saluki Just Imported Him Back What You's Think Lads?

I have never understood why lads get stuff imported from the middle east surely salukis are getting tested work wise in England more than any where else in the world these days

• Like 1

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got him back on Monday.   Bred by hamad al ghanem Saluki centre of Dubai Saluki club of Arabia   Some pics of him at four months.   And pics of him last night at 11 months old now.  

Update on my dog boys running really well. Shot and retrieved yesterday.

Here's two pups off him as a friend of mine used him on a genuine first cross saluki greyhound bitch he has. Both bitch pups 7 pups in the litter I kept this red bitch and my mate kept the black and c

Posted Images

I have never understood why lads get stuff imported from the middle east surely salukis are getting tested work wise in England more than any where else in the world these days

The lines here been here a long time some say they rubbish some very happy with them

The import is I suppose like a football team fetching in a foreign player he got the goods but will he hack the change in environment and quarry that's down too his lines in part but also a lot down too the man who purchased him how he takes too the dog how the dogs nature do they suit each other then comes trading and entering

imports bit like UK saluki some fare well some don't that's simple law of dogs is it not no matter how well bred nobody can sell or breed you a guarenteed killer mind think the weight of expectation on the import is greater though or used too be cod of the sheer cost now they a lot easier to get hd of but its still very much buyer beware in fact if you think you got sale of the century after months of hard work n along comes somebody else too tell you it's rubbish cod they got better one off somebody else lol the dogs what you choose too make if it IMHO

• Like 1

The biggest problem for salukis in the uk is shite getting bred to more shite , If the dogs have not been tested and worked then what do linings get based on ? what poses well on a camera or what colour it is. The place decisions are formulated are out on the land then serious thought and home work before any lining of any dog takes place. We have struggled getting pures to run in comps fair enough some lads dont run in comps but even getting some to run their dogs any time is a . cul de sac.

• Like 1

I like the look of that dog good luck with him, I am curious desert bred to know of any kennels you would recommend importing from, I am not having a go at anyone, I am genuinely curious.

In my opinion the good ones are not in kennels and people cant buy the good stock anyway. . they may be gifted very occasionally or traded but the general rule is no, some of the Bedous have been known to sell but the lineage of stock because of their life style is uncertain. My Advice go to lads or ladies who work their dogs hard and who are not farming for the dollar but then people have different ways of doing things.

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 3

I like the look of that dog good luck with him, I am curious desert bred to know of any kennels you would recommend importing from, I am not having a go at anyone, I am genuinely curious.

My Advice go to lads or ladies who work their dogs hard and who are not farming for the dollar but then people have different ways of doing things.

I can see what you're saying DB and it makes sense but what's the point of telling someone that when in the same breath you're telling them they won't be able to do it. It makes it sound like you want to be seen as the only man that can run a decent hound.

• Like 2

My Advice go to lads or ladies who work their dogs hard and who are not farming for the dollar but then people have different ways of doing things.

I can see what you're saying DB and it makes sense but what's the point of telling someone that when in the same breath you're telling them they won't be able to do it. It makes it sound like you want to be seen as the only man that can run a decent hound.

I said go to people who work there hounds hard there are a few here in the UK as some one said game wise they probably get tested more than COO dogs ,Why would it sound like I want to be seen as anything? some one asked me a question and I answered it. The majority of Salukis in the middle east are in private family homes and dont get sold in significant numbers. Now you want to discuss salukis go ahead, there are lines here in the UK that have good potential but as I have said to me dog breeding is an art and a science not a cash machine exercise and to progress you need to have a clue what you are doing. I notice you only quoted the last sentence of my post why not all of it then it can be readin the right context not just in a manner that is not correct ?

Edited by desertbred

I said go to people who work there hounds hard there are a few here in the UK as some one said game wise they probably get tested more than COO dogs ,Why would it sound likeI want to be seen as anything? some one asked me a question and I answered it. The majority of Salukis in the middle east are in private family homes and dont get sold in significant numbers. Now you want to discuss salukis go ahead, there are lines here that have good potential but as I have said to me dog breeding is an art and a science not a cash machine exercise and to progress you need to have a clue what you are doing.

there is equelly as much crap if not more in the near and middle east as there is here , ,as you well know d/b they are just another toy to the rich arab boy ,who probebly allready has 50 or more anyway , .its all about the doller!.

• Like 1

Plenty of crap especially bred by the Arabs the grass is always greener as they say, but people either dont understand or dont want to listen , as said its their time and money and effort not mine, I dont sell dogs never sold one in my life so I dont need to peddle my wares as some seem to think. :thumbs:

• Like 1