All-terrain

View From Your Swim

post-61120-0-26057700-1435533456_thumb.j found this on the bank this morning got me thinking atb AT

I have been using similar bug's for the last 2 year's, i make my own as i'm not to bad with a vice and a few feather's, i can't believe what you see on sale as zig bug's, any flytyer must laugh at some of them tying's. I went to a local fishing shop with a mate last year and there was a bit of a show going on, the nash boy's were there and showing there bug's off (i don't know why that sounds funny) anyway my mate pulls a box out and say's what do you think of these, they are only my tying's out on show in a tackle shop full of anglers, i feel myself going red so slowly back off, because my mate gets what i am not happy with, i tell him that i don't like them because of whatever reason it is, but he has never fly fished so he can't see what a fly angler see's, anyway lucky enough the lad's in the shop were mostly carper's and didn't see the fault's either, they loved them, "my mate makes them" he said, they were the word's i didn't want to hear, we met later at the car. :laugh: I find on someday's that they catch all day, i have even had roach on them, but it doesn't seem right on a zig set up but that's how they get fished, i always want to try them on a fly rod set up, it is always worth trying a zig, it is just finding the right depth. Oh and i hardly ever use a spod/spomb over them. :thumbs:

m Edited by All-terrain

Went back the river today for a mess about attachicon.gifimage.jpg found this raft haha it stayed with us all day and was perfect to fish from attachicon.gifimage.jpg we fixed it to two canoes attachicon.gifimage.jpg perfect, bumped into a fellow hunting life member with his son attachicon.gifimage.jpg he couldn't believe it haha atb AT

fair play mate, you put some miles and time into them dogs in winter, and fishing in summer, hope it keeps like that for years for you haha

Edited by W. Katchum
  • Like 2

Went back the river today for a mess about attachicon.gifimage.jpg found this raft haha it stayed with us all day and was perfect to fish from attachicon.gifimage.jpg we fixed it to two canoes attachicon.gifimage.jpg perfect, bumped into a fellow hunting life member with his son attachicon.gifimage.jpg he couldn't believe it haha atb AT

fair play mate, you put some miles and time into them dogs in winter, and fishing in summer, hope it keeps like that for years for you haha[
Edited by All-terrain
  • Like 2

what is it billy, a boilie? Or just a fake bug? Think barbel take em on fly rod? Lol

They are mainly foam bodies with some leg's tied in or some hackle wrapped around, avid do some great foam balls, all different colour's, some of them are half one colour, half another, red/black and yellow/black are my favourites. The hardest thing was learning to tie a fly the wrong way around, the head of the fly is at the bend of the hook, but you can always try the fox zig aligners, i use these sometimes and have caught plenty on them.

• Like 1

what is it billy, a boilie? Or just a fake bug? Think barbel take em on fly rod? Lol

They are mainly foam bodies with some leg's tied in or some hackle wrapped around, avid do some great foam balls, all different colour's, some of them are half one colour, half another, red/black and yellow/black are my favourites. The hardest thing was learning to tie a fly the wrong way around, the head of the fly is at the bend of the hook, but you can always try the fox zig aligners, i use these sometimes and have caught plenty on them.
any pics of one of yours bb? Atb AT

A blast from the past.....Sunset at the Old Spey Bridge.....taken 21 years ago. I remember it like it was yesterday!

post-16-0-10551700-1436200681_thumb.jpg

• Like 4