View From Your Swim

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few types of "swims" where we're fortunate enough to fish..   The Exeter Canal before first light (Tench blowing everywhere on this morning).. The tidal Exe     First light at Hopes

I'm guessing I was about 14 when this was taken.That would make it 43 years ago. Eek ! Its possible I had hooked the bottom rather than a fish:)   This one was taken at the same spot yesterday a

Moved further down south recently the canal is a 5min walk so after years of barrowing around a ton of carp gear around packed lakes started fishing light. Drop shotting for perch and pre baiting like

Posted Images

11 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

And I thought I was a shit angler 🙈🙉🙊

Tell me about it 70 fish in 68 acres never stocked all originals. 

big challenge for even the best anglers got Ollie from nash on it at the minute had 1 fish in months of trying Jim Shelly said it himself it’s a 2 fish a year lake. 

who wants it to be to easy anyway I’d be bored and move on 

12 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Camping with fishing rods  😂

1 hour ago, lurcherman 887 said:

big challenge for even the best anglers got Ollie from nash on it at the minute had 1 fish in months of trying Jim Shelly said it himself it’s a 2 fish a year lake. 

I rarely take the easy option, but that is not for me. I would happily walk around looking for a fish to cast to, but not what you are doing. Each to their own. 

1 hour ago, lurcherman 887 said:

2 fish a year from the whole lake? 

Rather shit in my hands and clap 👏 

50 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

2 fish a year from the whole lake? 

Rather shit in my hands and clap 👏 

My mate fished a perticular river for 7 seasons without a bite😬 his first fish was a few Oz's under the record...I spent best part of 20 yrs trying to catch a 7lb plus chub..I've had specimen fish of every kind from fresh water except a zander...you set yourself goals..no different to you searching for them big huss 😁👍

2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

My mate fished a perticular river for 7 seasons without a bite😬 his first fish was a few Oz's under the record...I spent best part of 20 yrs trying to catch a 7lb plus chub..I've had specimen fish of every kind from fresh water except a zander...you set yourself goals..no different to you searching for them big huss 😁👍

No I get that mate I do but I really wouldn't have the patience you freshwater boys do. Would break me

47 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

No I get that mate I do but I really wouldn't have the patience you freshwater boys do. Would break me

I seem to blank often when fishing from the shore...but always do ok on a boat 🤔

2 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I seem to blank often when fishing from the shore...but always do ok on a boat 🤔

Rarely blank but don't catch as many speci as I'd like. Only fish with fish baits so always a doggy about and don't fish beaches; find beaches I often blank on

7 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Each to there own lads if you don’t like doing it then don’t f***ing do it and stick to the tiddlers 😂 

me though I like it

back on again 🤞 

image.jpg

I used to enjoy it when the kids where little, I’d sit on live lake all week am let kids run riot sn catching tiddlers, an when the alarms went off it was just a bonus, spend more nights on river now after barbel instead but still enjoy the odd weekend on carp with a couple a kids an dog to break it up 😁👍

• Like 1
17 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Feck all to do with angling ability pal but more to do with less that 1 fish a acre 😉 this lake wouldn’t be for you anyway bud 1.5 mile walk round to your swim you’d be having it right over unless you pulled the power barrow out. 

@Nicepix could call it camping with fishing rods I guess a lot don’t understand targeting one fish in a lake this size but when you eventually have it be in 1 2 or 10 years later then it would become clear why we do it. 

me I don’t understand catching fish my 3 month old could catch with a baby rod and 600 year old reel but as said each to the own 

Get on the trout in early morning with a fly rod Kev if you got any little rivers near you, can spend every morning of the week after one trout (Cnut might only be 1lb ) that bigger than the rest in a pool, but it’s worth it when you get it😁 an it’s usually only a couple hours a time, gets addictive tho 😂

Edited by W. Katchum