View From Your Swim

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few types of "swims" where we're fortunate enough to fish..   The Exeter Canal before first light (Tench blowing everywhere on this morning).. The tidal Exe     First light at Hopes

I'm guessing I was about 14 when this was taken.That would make it 43 years ago. Eek ! Its possible I had hooked the bottom rather than a fish:)   This one was taken at the same spot yesterday a

Moved further down south recently the canal is a 5min walk so after years of barrowing around a ton of carp gear around packed lakes started fishing light. Drop shotting for perch and pre baiting like

Posted Images

Had another try for perch at the tiny pond built the swim it was boiling had a live swimmer few yards away after a few dozen fish I hooked into a perch looking well over 2 lb on the whip 12 oz bottom it was a battle on the light set up but managed to get me hand on it and drop it back in lol so no proper pic sadly 🍷F5F5501C-555D-46B6-AFE2-FCDF3385DC8C.jpeg.64ea9923817d67b46a5cd64f4376c213.jpeg

FD8625AC-3DC3-4C7D-8C3B-8C05E9BBCA18.jpeg

25281A71-D269-4B17-AB36-9129C40F3F92.jpeg

11D5403C-F712-4302-A4BF-0B9C73C94C54.jpeg

• Like 6

Come down to aire to a stretch I’ve not fished for at least a year as it’s quite a walk but got a good bit of depth here and out of flow as quite a bit of extra water in 

image.jpg

• Like 5
14 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Had few hr on the tiny farm pond only had bread mash n worms it threw up another Surprise in a decent Crucian nabbed a couple of nice perch on live swimmers 

A4A60C04-9AFD-4236-B409-959F63FFEF26.jpeg

B7B66B65-742F-48D2-9B12-FFAFF160192C.jpeg

BB554E63-CDC3-4F6A-9D61-A1418A7BBADA.jpeg

ECB40297-C2CE-48E5-B2E5-0535EDDF9122.jpeg

6AD9AE5D-E512-45FB-B866-9EDEAEA06333.jpeg

409466BD-BA25-4D19-8CB9-CC8CEF6FFED2.jpeg

1CF23DD3-AF47-4BB7-B3DA-DB5837F17E76.jpeg

Nice tench & cruician didn’t think they’d be coming out this time of year 👍👍do u think u will go back and target them properly once it warm s up a bit

I love them little old farm ponds...used to be one by us,had the biggest Rudd I've ever seen and caught,tench,good roach and the odd perch in there too...was sold off along with a dwelling....and the new  Townie cnuts filled it in🙈 ,also tried stopping folks walking the footpath that goes through the middle of their plot🤣I love it when they come out and start😉👍

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I love them little old farm ponds...used to be one by us,had the biggest Rudd I've ever seen and caught,tench,good roach and the odd perch in there too...was sold off along with a dwelling....and the new  Townie cnuts filled it in🙈 ,also tried stopping folks walking the footpath that goes through the middle of their plot🤣I love it when they come out and start😉👍

This place won’t last long the plot land it’s on up for sale prob get a tennis court put over top of it 

• Sad 1
24 minutes ago, Robbusher said:

Nice tench & cruician didn’t think they’d be coming out this time of year 👍👍do u think u will go back and target them properly once it warm s up a bit

Il keep having a go here n ther so far I’ve had for the whip nice roach gudgeon 1 decent bream 1 Crucian 2 tench couple hybrids lost couple carp,,  on live bait 3 nice perch 1 chub it’s a lovely little pond full of snags though think the bread mash an temps made it happen today 

F79F6CBE-4BAF-4AD9-B66E-547BA0CD2896.jpeg

Edited by green lurchers
  • Like 5
3 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

This place won’t last long the plot land it’s on up for sale prob get a tennis court put over top of it 

We had loads around here at one time...I was a cnut in my younger days for "liberating" fish and moving them around🙈 stocked loads of different fisheries that started popping up 😁 free yrs membership on the night syndicates for a high 20 or 30...barbel into rivers that no one else would fish....my club recently netted the front lake at  Caerphilly castle and removed all the fish,carp was kept...everything else was sold on...double figure bream,9/10 lb tench,crucians,roach,Rudd,perch, good pike,....we put 2000 chublets in around 2005...not one has ever been caught or seen again....all went down the drain that flows into the Rhumney river....they grew to nearly 6lb but have disappeared last few seasons..walk for miles now for the odd one🙈mink,otters, chicken and human waste along with certain birds are killing our rivers 👍

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

We had one very similar, 30 years or more back, the new owners let the cows into it and f****d us off.

Cheers, D.

• Sad 1