View From Your Swim

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few types of "swims" where we're fortunate enough to fish..   The Exeter Canal before first light (Tench blowing everywhere on this morning).. The tidal Exe     First light at Hopes

I'm guessing I was about 14 when this was taken.That would make it 43 years ago. Eek ! Its possible I had hooked the bottom rather than a fish:)   This one was taken at the same spot yesterday a

Moved further down south recently the canal is a 5min walk so after years of barrowing around a ton of carp gear around packed lakes started fishing light. Drop shotting for perch and pre baiting like

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Robbusher said:

Had a hour at ullerskelf river come a good meter and half fair few fish topping but a blank apart from couple falties and chublets 

4249944F-C752-4EBE-9ED8-54C7AD45D52B.jpeg

Looks like you are having the same weather as me. Yesterday afternoon it began to rain so I wrapped myself in my poncho as I had only taken minimal tackle. The rain got worse so I did up the press studs and turned myself into a bivvy. I still got soaked. 

This afternoon I got an hour before a massive deluge wet us through. It was too windy for a brolly. I looked at the dog cowering under my unhooking mat and said: "Shall we tough it out or run back to the car?" She was on her way before I'd wound in. 😀

Edited by Nicepix
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

In the top pic what's that structure with the roof on in the water 

The structures across the river are fish traps dating from the Middle Ages. They would catch eels and shad migrating upstream. The shad would be cleaned and then dried on wooden racks like herrings. The larger building would probably have been connected with that. Now it belongs to the Gite business that is in the old watermill building to the left.

• Like 3