View From Your Swim

3 minutes ago, Councilestatekid said:

Nice fish that mate mate had a 11lb 6 last year and that's biggest I've seen till now.ive never fished for barble but going to give it a go next year with my mate 

There's a few over 18 lb on this particular stretch👍

• Like 1

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few types of "swims" where we're fortunate enough to fish..   The Exeter Canal before first light (Tench blowing everywhere on this morning).. The tidal Exe     First light at Hopes

I'm guessing I was about 14 when this was taken.That would make it 43 years ago. Eek ! Its possible I had hooked the bottom rather than a fish:)   This one was taken at the same spot yesterday a

Moved further down south recently the canal is a 5min walk so after years of barrowing around a ton of carp gear around packed lakes started fishing light. Drop shotting for perch and pre baiting like

Posted Images

On 17/10/2021 at 14:47, Daniel cain said:

You off the mark yet?

Home now pal. Had a little un on first night to get me off the mark then had 2 on last morning, last one being a cracking grass carp.

Seeing my mate catch an 80lbr on his 40th birthday trip made it though.👌

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

After pike?what rods you using mate?

The wynchwood agitator in 12ft 3.25tc. Very good casting rods, well finished and nice playing action. The dog knocked it over today and knocked the ceramic out of the second eye😤. This is the second season with them and I can’t fault them. Well wynchwood made the handles and 50mm shorter, just takes getting use to. 
Some big pike in it, well I was told by a reputable source I trust. One of the waters I’ll will stick at for the winter.

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Wideboy said:

The wynchwood agitator in 12ft 3.25tc. Very good casting rods, well finished and nice playing action. The dog knocked it over today and knocked the ceramic out of the second eye😤. This is the second season with them and I can’t fault them. Well wynchwood made the handles and 50mm shorter, just takes getting use to. 
Some big pike in it, well I was told by a reputable source I trust. One of the waters I’ll will stick at for the winter.

Thought they looked familiar..I bought a pair of 3.5 lb in the 10 ft for piking,only used them 3)4 times.👍

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Councilestatekid said:

Nice fish that mate mate had a 11lb 6 last year and that's biggest I've seen till now.ive never fished for barble but going to give it a go next year with my mate 

What sort of country you from, some cracking day waters about for barbel pal, get on em you won’t regret it 👍

8 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

What sort of country you from, some cracking day waters about for barbel pal, get on em you won’t regret it 👍

I've got some good barble rivers on my doorstep mate just never fished for them got mates who do but if I get into it I don't mind the travel either as I'm used to going all over carp fishing 

• Like 1

I dropped the wife off at the airport yesterday afternoon and was fishing by 5pm. 😀

There is a small tributary of the Vienne near to where I live and I visit it several times a year to fish for small species; ruffe, gudgeon and the like using little rods and light tackle. Last time I was down there I spotted some carp bubbles  in the mill pool. Now, this pool is around two-thirds of an acre so I don't expect them to be monsters. I've had a few to around 4lb from the main river which is only 20 foot wide. But, someone had a catfish of 170 cm out of the mill pool so the carp might be bigger than I thought. Anyway, the dog and I sat for the last two hours of daylight with just one missed bite to show for it. The damned things (I don't know their names 😁 ) stay in a small area that it is almost impossible to cast to.

1696654984_GlaneMillPool.jpg.2992cac9c83591cde178196215e34a0a.jpg

This morning we were off to the beautiful River Charente about an hour away. I had found a new swim and for once it didn't have low branches, brambles and any other of the things most of the swims I find have. I could even park the car alongside it.

2087703102_StSurinnewswim.jpg.2af9a6e94d9d606665692692c20f8758.jpg

The Shimano Quiver rod was set up with a swimfeeder and Frolicks dog biscuit bait mid-river and the old cane rod fishing the margins.

I had two barbel to the feeder rig then at 5:30pm decided to have the last half hour fishing a feeder on the old cane rod. At 6:30pm 😉 I finally started putting the dog and tackle back in the car. I just had the rod, net and mat left to deal with. Just as I was

going to pick up the rod the top section bent 90 degrees and the old Mitchell started back winding. Best fish of the day.

280567604_StSurin1st.jpg.177bd9c6b4a362639b8c6c19b49f7bef.jpg

901871689_StSurin2nd.jpg.f70086406a7e17f77b6e6e28876a2096.jpg

2049827565_StSurin3rd.jpg.487de718cc142474ba0da2362caea4a9.jpg

I called them Tom, Dick & Harry 🤣

Edited by Nicepix
  • Like 13