View From Your Swim

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few types of "swims" where we're fortunate enough to fish..   The Exeter Canal before first light (Tench blowing everywhere on this morning).. The tidal Exe     First light at Hopes

I'm guessing I was about 14 when this was taken.That would make it 43 years ago. Eek ! Its possible I had hooked the bottom rather than a fish:)   This one was taken at the same spot yesterday a

Moved further down south recently the canal is a 5min walk so after years of barrowing around a ton of carp gear around packed lakes started fishing light. Drop shotting for perch and pre baiting like

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Blackmag said:

Thanks Neil any luck yet 

No only had an hour before it got too bright and hot . I had a couple of hits of trout on a small spinnerbait that I had on for perch and my mate had a brownie about 6 oz on a spinner but that was it 

• Like 2

Had a day out on the River Charente. 28C and no cloud cover so I sat under a tree. The river was slightly coloured and pushing through after three weeks of rain. Lots of weeds drifting down too which made things more difficult. It was too much for the old cane Avon so the 2lb Shimano quiver rod got used to lob the feeders out. Tried sweetcorn without success then got a few small 3lb to 4lb barbel on pellets before it dried up. Changed to Frolick dog biscuit and hooked a solid fish that gave the best fight of the day.

20210718_150116_resize_43.jpg.d603ad34ffddc341cfcf3e47b74756de.jpg

20210718_143839_resize_47.jpg.5be440a4f8422ea89ece4cb695a923ba.jpg

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Nicepix said:

Had a day out on the River Charente. 28C and no cloud cover so I sat under a tree. The river was slightly coloured and pushing through after three weeks of rain. Lots of weeds drifting down too which made things more difficult. It was too much for the old cane Avon so the 2lb Shimano quiver rod got used to lob the feeders out. Tried sweetcorn without success then got a few small 3lb to 4lb barbel on pellets before it dried up. Changed to Frolick dog biscuit and hooked a solid fish that gave the best fight of the day.

20210718_150116_resize_43.jpg.d603ad34ffddc341cfcf3e47b74756de.jpg

20210718_143839_resize_47.jpg.5be440a4f8422ea89ece4cb695a923ba.jpg

Nice lump. Unusual for them to put up a fight longer than the first few seconds. 

We were only saying an hour ago that it would be blooming hot down ile de rhe today. 

Edited by mole trapper
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, mole trapper said:

Nice lump. Unusual for them to put up a fight longer than the first few seconds. 

We were only saying an hour ago that it would be blooming hot down ile de rhe today. 

Bream fight better in some areas. In Ireland they give a good account and they seem to out here too. They don't take line like a barbel, but they are stubborn. That one had the current to help it. 

The weather has just broke. Some friends were at La Rochelle all week and only had one dry day. They came home yesterday 🤣