View From Your Swim

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few types of "swims" where we're fortunate enough to fish..   The Exeter Canal before first light (Tench blowing everywhere on this morning).. The tidal Exe     First light at Hopes

I'm guessing I was about 14 when this was taken.That would make it 43 years ago. Eek ! Its possible I had hooked the bottom rather than a fish:)   This one was taken at the same spot yesterday a

Moved further down south recently the canal is a 5min walk so after years of barrowing around a ton of carp gear around packed lakes started fishing light. Drop shotting for perch and pre baiting like

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Went back for another session at Prussia cove . The weather was a bit windy and the water rough . I hooked into a very nice Wrasse but lost it . I bought £5 worth of rag worm and used the lot . I had a bite nearly every cast and caught loads of small Wrasse. The colours on some of them are beautiful.

90141FE8-6635-4084-83F6-1ACDC6DC689A.jpeg

Corky fishing is great fun

• Like 2
1 hour ago, tomburras said:

Very nice I been looking at beely wood stretch of the don ready for the rivers opening.... somehow I think it was your old forum posts I read years ago on another forum that got me looking there.

Yes, some nice fishing down that way.

On the res again for bream . My eBay spomb only lasted 6 casts though so not been able to get as much bait out as I wanted 

647F83D8-7706-4181-B3DF-62ACD145F5FA.jpeg

89A0B530-3D88-4D96-8E93-10BFDEBED9C6.jpeg

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Nicepix said:

Yes, some nice fishing down that way.

This area looks good. I'm maybe going to call down with the 4wt fly rod if I get time. Was it any good round there?

20210502_160748.jpg

20210502_160754.jpg

• Like 5
7 hours ago, tomburras said:

This area looks good. I'm maybe going to call down with the 4wt fly rod if I get time. Was it any good round there?

20210502_160748.jpg

20210502_160754.jpg

That weir was good for barbel. I used to park there and walk downstream with the fly rod. Also there is a goood place for fly fishing near to Hillsborough College.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Nicepix said:

That weir was good for barbel. I used to park there and walk downstream with the fly rod. Also there is a goood place for fly fishing near to Hillsborough College.

Thank you I will check it out 

Apparently there is char in the Loch but I've no tackle with me. I've borrowed a fly rod but again not got a good selection of flies for wild browns. Will give it a go tomorrow if weather is OK. Owner says kill any brownies we catch as it's stuffed with em but the size is decreasing 

Edited by DIDO.1