View From Your Swim

River Jucar  , cullera on the costa Blanca , just managed to get a ticket to fish this river (you wouldn’t believe how hard they make getting a licence ) , mainly carp to 10kg , average about 3kgs , barbel , bass a few pike and zander and the Spanish equivalent of the crucian carp ..

6E042C21-9BAB-40D6-8822-DD572CA088FB.jpeg.f63c69e54137963ee179deb9a0c12ea9.jpeg981602FF-9248-485C-8273-E596559BB939.jpeg.5857c822382fb7c88c77e6ec986be1cc.jpeg

Quite low at the moment but still five or six metres deep ..

• Like 10

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few types of "swims" where we're fortunate enough to fish..   The Exeter Canal before first light (Tench blowing everywhere on this morning).. The tidal Exe     First light at Hopes

I'm guessing I was about 14 when this was taken.That would make it 43 years ago. Eek ! Its possible I had hooked the bottom rather than a fish:)   This one was taken at the same spot yesterday a

Struggled since start of the season with low water and the weed.... Best fish of the season so far..... Fingers crossed i win the little kitty me and my mates have😉

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Wideboy said:

Do people not leave the pike alone after they spawn??

Not really mate, bit old school now the old close season is gone, people used to fish for course species in summer and pike in winter, also the weather is not so consistent as it once was so seasons tend to blur into each other now, saw a couple of carp in the marina over the weekend so will get the carp rods out soon, but still have a few casts on the lures of an evening 👍👍

• Like 1
On 19/04/2021 at 18:42, Wideboy said:

Do people not leave the pike alone after they spawn??

Not over here, we fish all year round for coarse but they all get returned alive and well, we have closed season for game fish

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Lenmcharristar said:

Not over here, we fish all year round for coarse but they all get returned alive and well, we have closed season for game fish

Pike don’t do well in the warmer months when caught though. A lot of us here in Ireland wouldn’t fish for them only in October to March

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Wideboy said:

Pike don’t do well in the warmer months when caught though. A lot of us here in Ireland wouldn’t fish for them only in October to March

Warmer months ??? Where in ireland are you??? Ffs its feckin baltic here in belfast 😂😂

• Haha 2
On 17/04/2021 at 18:50, sussex said:

River Jucar  , cullera on the costa Blanca , just managed to get a ticket to fish this river (you wouldn’t believe how hard they make getting a licence ) , mainly carp to 10kg , average about 3kgs , barbel , bass a few pike and zander and the Spanish equivalent of the crucian carp ..

6E042C21-9BAB-40D6-8822-DD572CA088FB.jpeg.f63c69e54137963ee179deb9a0c12ea9.jpeg981602FF-9248-485C-8273-E596559BB939.jpeg.5857c822382fb7c88c77e6ec986be1cc.jpeg

Quite low at the moment but still five or six metres deep ..

I got a permit for Catalonia online - dead easy. I got a three year 'No Kill' licence for around €30  to take me up to retirement age when it becomes free. Cheaper than in France which is €100 a year.