View From Your Swim

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few types of "swims" where we're fortunate enough to fish..   The Exeter Canal before first light (Tench blowing everywhere on this morning).. The tidal Exe     First light at Hopes

I'm guessing I was about 14 when this was taken.That would make it 43 years ago. Eek ! Its possible I had hooked the bottom rather than a fish:)   This one was taken at the same spot yesterday a

Moved further down south recently the canal is a 5min walk so after years of barrowing around a ton of carp gear around packed lakes started fishing light. Drop shotting for perch and pre baiting like

Posted Images

Pictures not the best but didn’t want to hang about with it in this heat , rested it and unhooked in the net got the scales ready , quick weigh and photo and back in the net to recover . Packed up about 15 minutes later because it started lightning 

• Like 1
On 15/08/2020 at 01:19, neil r said:

Been here tonight , had a load of mackerel on feathers , 3 tope pups and a couple of smoothhounds 

3ECB2618-FAF1-46C2-911E-AB6C4A0041E3.jpeg

15C5A201-1E61-4663-8F91-7124843BFC20.jpeg

A1B81B6B-7633-4317-BD04-DBEBDE5866B6.jpeg

I keep thinking of going on the waiting list to join again. I grew up fishing on there. 

I was a member on there a few years back but I only managed to go 3 times, when you divide membership, parking, bait, fuel etc per trip it was expensive fishing. They also stopped under 16's so couldn't take the lad. 

Good fishing though and gets better every year 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

I keep thinking of going on the waiting list to join again. I grew up fishing on there. 

I was a member on there a few years back but I only managed to go 3 times, when you divide membership, parking, bait, fuel etc per trip it was expensive fishing. They also stopped under 16's so couldn't take the lad. 

Good fishing though and gets better every year 

It’s well worth joining again because the fishing is good and you can fish for longer than the standard 2up 2down if you wanted . I joined last year but it was the first time I’d actually been , my mates been a member for a few years and kept telling me to get on but I kept putting it off  . Went again last night , no hounds but still had mackerel on feathers and also tried float fishing  for them and had some more tope pups on squid and prawn and squid and mackerel wraps but we couldn’t get hold of any crab for the hounds and it wasn’t a big tide so didnt stay as long . 
There is a bit of free parking after 5 not far away but there’s not many spaces , got on there on Friday but not last night . Ended up on a car park on cocker square that was £6 for 8 hours . If I’m just on the gynn I park on the side streets up near Jordan’s shop . Baits not too bad , I drive so my mate sorts the bait . I’m not bothered about catching tings or even cod when they are in so don’t need worm , just need a bit of squid and some crab plus the mackerel we catch 

2 hours ago, neil r said:

It’s well worth joining again because the fishing is good and you can fish for longer than the standard 2up 2down if you wanted . I joined last year but it was the first time I’d actually been , my mates been a member for a few years and kept telling me to get on but I kept putting it off  . Went again last night , no hounds but still had mackerel on feathers and also tried float fishing  for them and had some more tope pups on squid and prawn and squid and mackerel wraps but we couldn’t get hold of any crab for the hounds and it wasn’t a big tide so didnt stay as long . 
There is a bit of free parking after 5 not far away but there’s not many spaces , got on there on Friday but not last night . Ended up on a car park on cocker square that was £6 for 8 hours . If I’m just on the gynn I park on the side streets up near Jordan’s shop . Baits not too bad , I drive so my mate sorts the bait . I’m not bothered about catching tings or even cod when they are in so don’t need worm , just need a bit of squid and some crab plus the mackerel we catch 

The fishing improves every year. I do so many different sports that I just think even if I go 6 times it would still be almost cheaper to have 4 charter boat trips. I miss fishing there though, it was part of my childhood, again it stings not being able to take my boys. I enjoy fishing with friends as well so they would have to join as well. 

I will join again at some point 

4 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

The fishing improves every year. I do so many different sports that I just think even if I go 6 times it would still be almost cheaper to have 4 charter boat trips. I miss fishing there though, it was part of my childhood, again it stings not being able to take my boys. I enjoy fishing with friends as well so they would have to join as well. 

I will join again at some point 

Is that a club only and no kids allowed pier?,sounds like a bunch of  :censored: run that club to be honest and with that sort of thing being put up with by the members of said club,how the feck are the kids meant to learn and get some fish caught if you adults are hogging it?..Poor old do imo..:bad:..

9 minutes ago, fireman said:

Is that a club only and no kids allowed pier?,sounds like a bunch of  :censored: run that club to be honest and with that sort of thing being put up with by the members of said club,how the feck are the kids meant to learn and get some fish caught if you adults are hogging it?..Poor old do imo..:bad:..

Yes its a pier. It was day ticket for years and it was so abused that fishing was stopped. Like alot of places the idiots couldn't be controlled, rubbish left and damage done. It culminated in some idiots having a fire in a door way while night fishing....on a wooden pier. 

The club saved fishing on the pier and do a fantastic job. There is a club room and toilet open in winter and at night. But again everything gets abused. 

The no under 16's rule is from the owners apparently and part of the insurance. Again dealing with such a busy tourist pier and anglers casting, plus damage its a miracle they still allow fishing but its working out OK I think. Its sad but do t think it's anything to do with clubs wishes 

• Like 1