All-terrain

View From Your Swim

Just now, Daniel cain said:

Almost all the Welsh rivers have them Len, when they are running. I used to be well into them in my younger days,my old man would travel all over for them and the salmon, but not fished for them properly for yrs... Had some good uns at night when fishing for chub.... On imitation glow up corn of all things🙈

Any pics???? I love fishing for them  ahhh feck it I just love fishing lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Looks like a dusting of snow on the hill I’ve only just got up let alone go outside 😂

I've been up here since 7:00am clearing bank and a path , done about 150 m and cut my way into another 3 swims.... Rest of the boys only now getting up ffs🙄😁

Run out off 2 Stoke oil for the saw, so sat in the truck having a brew☕👍

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

I've been up here since 7:00am clearing bank and a path , done about 150 m and cut my way into another 3 swims.... Rest of the boys only now getting up ffs🙄😁

Run out off 2 Stoke oil for the saw, so sat in the truck having a brew☕👍

I bet they love you making a racket that early 😂

It was supposed to stop raining this morning. I got to the river during a lull in the rain but it came back so I needed to improvise with the poncho, the landing net, a bank stick, a handy post and some sticks cut from the hedgerow......

734485949_PonchoBivvy1.jpg.13a5d5f806083f9f184400a17f2b6f9c.jpg

907893146_PonchoBivvy2.jpg.691fab588a9bd76e2120d1060198da0a.jpg

Tackle was basic, a light cane rod, centrepin reel and the less than massive tackle box you can see on the chair......

P1010965.JPG.4bc8adc65ef87622377d07fa33544e69.JPG

And bait was even simpler. A few whelks and a bit of luncheon meat left over from a previous session.....

298818101_Whelksbait.jpg.bebba1410fcda656672a024ce90f7e0e.jpg

and a small ball of cheese paste from the freezer. The sunshine eventually came out, but the chub didn't. Never had a touch or saw any fish. I tried about 6 or 7 slacks out of the main current which was barrelling down, but had no interest at all.

Roll on the warmer weather.

• Like 8