All-terrain

View From Your Swim

1 hour ago, two crows said:

did the same my self, and going to do it again this year loved it. folk forget the fun you can have with a pot of maggots an a small hook.

DSCF7063.JPG

I best get some practice in on the old mighty roach if I want my name on this trophy again🤣

watching the float dip under and sail away never loses its magic imo😉dont matter what your fishing for👍

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I best get some practice in on the old mighty roach if I want my name on this trophy again🤣

watching the float dip under and sail away never loses its magic imo😉dont matter what your fishing for👍

I have access to a pond on a farm belonging to a friend, its full of rudd some of witch are decent, I am going to give that some attention this year.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lenmcharristar said:

How tempting to throw a spinner over them

Think they’ve other things on their minds,haha she will probably eat them two when she’s done, atb At 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

I've had some good roach from local French rivers using cockchafer grubs lightly hooked in the side using fine wire hooks. I get mone from the compost bin, but you'll also find them in potato beds. Roach love them and it seems to sort out the bigger ones.

• Like 2

Small pond for a few hours till lunchtime  to get lad and old man out stuffed with fish managed a few fish between us

A432C34E-1C7D-445C-9036-7DA2E510D112.jpeg

7803280E-8E7F-4664-B685-49C24E6CCBC7.jpeg

367388BC-2093-487C-9064-B5E17898D824.jpeg

• Like 4

Only managed an our as I had a work call and had to shoot off. Had a bite a cast, couple of nice roach. 

Will be back tomorrow if the sun's out

DSC_0902.JPG

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

how's the dog bred mate?

It's not mine. A mate got it from a rescue centre, supposed to be a whippet but it might have a bit of something else in there. 

Went down the river for a couple of hours today, beautiful day and a nice yella to top it off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fished a few hours on the River Vienne today not too far from where we live. The first swim was disappointing - nothing showing, so I tried a second swim that I have fished previously. I'd christened my new barbel rod on a 16lb river pig a few weeks ago and today when the tip wrapped around again today I just knew that it was another one. A bit smaller - 12lb 12oz on fake corn critically balanced and a feeder full of hemp and corn.

View from swim 13-4-19.jpg

Carp Vienne 12-12.jpg

• Like 1