View From Your Swim

1 minute ago, Scentfarrell said:

Not good at all pal 

If we hadn’t took his lad with us we would have just gone home straight away but he wanted to try sea fishing so we gave it a go . Won’t be using that fella for bait anymore either , that’s the 2nd time we’ve tried him and been messed about but at least last time he did eventually turn up at the shop before it was too late 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few types of "swims" where we're fortunate enough to fish..   The Exeter Canal before first light (Tench blowing everywhere on this morning).. The tidal Exe     First light at Hopes

I'm guessing I was about 14 when this was taken.That would make it 43 years ago. Eek ! Its possible I had hooked the bottom rather than a fish:)   This one was taken at the same spot yesterday a

Moved further down south recently the canal is a 5min walk so after years of barrowing around a ton of carp gear around packed lakes started fishing light. Drop shotting for perch and pre baiting like

Posted Images

1 minute ago, neil r said:

If we hadn’t took his lad with us we would have just gone home straight away but he wanted to try sea fishing so we gave it a go . Won’t be using that fella for bait anymore either , that’s the 2nd time we’ve tried him and been messed about but at least last time he did eventually turn up at the shop before it was too late 

You need a reliabe bait an pal nowt worse then being all geared up and left with no bait .You loose a lot of time on the day with an unreliable ass hole for a bait dealer 

• Like 1

Found this fella floating the other day, shame. Ive only ever seen the 1 pike in my lake he fell to a piece of maize being reeled in. That was last year and id say it was a tad smaller than this pike, i never landed him as he rolled and shed the hook. Hoping its not the same fish. A lake not too far away has some zander ive been offered to go and catch. But apparently they can be devistating. Just need to control the bream!

IMG_20180826_193747_3.jpg

• Like 1
On 3 September 2018 at 11:53, Waz said:

Found this fella floating the other day, shame. Ive only ever seen the 1 pike in my lake he fell to a piece of maize being reeled in. That was last year and id say it was a tad smaller than this pike, i never landed him as he rolled and shed the hook. Hoping its not the same fish. A lake not too far away has some zander ive been offered to go and catch. But apparently they can be devistating. Just need to control the bream!

IMG_20180826_193747_3.jpg

Zander are,nt as bad as people say mate there is a canal near me with a fair head of Z s in and it's one of the healthiest fisheries around, it's done pike to 36, carp to 40 plus, double figure bream and record shaking fish of most species, I,ve never caught one myself but after DC has caught me a barbel in a couple of weeks I,m taking him there to see if we can both get a zander each 🎣🎣

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Greyman said:

Zander are,nt as bad as people say mate there is a canal near me with a fair head of Z s in and it's one of the healthiest fisheries around, it's done pike to 36, carp to 40 plus, double figure bream and record shaking fish of most species, I,ve never caught one myself but after DC has caught me a barbel in a couple of weeks I,m taking him there to see if we can both get a zander each 🎣🎣

Wouldn't mind a wye barbel, could guest someone on the ouse in return! Can't promise fish, more likely an otter! 😂 

• Like 1