View From Your Swim

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few types of "swims" where we're fortunate enough to fish..   The Exeter Canal before first light (Tench blowing everywhere on this morning).. The tidal Exe     First light at Hopes

I'm guessing I was about 14 when this was taken.That would make it 43 years ago. Eek ! Its possible I had hooked the bottom rather than a fish:)   This one was taken at the same spot yesterday a

Struggled since start of the season with low water and the weed.... Best fish of the season so far..... Fingers crossed i win the little kitty me and my mates have😉

Posted Images

13 hours ago, ryaldinhio said:

And what river is that Tom?

It is the river aire at Leeds.  It looks an amazing spot but for some reason I always blank here but I keep trying. I even fished 2 rods on maggot feeders and still not had a touch or even a minnow! 

• Like 1

Well my birthday and out for a walk with the family down to this little cove then a Sunday roast in the local pub. I love fishing small coves, never got round to fishing this one but think I will. Could throw up a Bass or Small Eyed Ray had a lot not far away. A bit of reminiscing really as I could see marks I use to fish.

P1200119.thumb.JPG.a38dbc087091b1af90afcd688a03ee49.JPG

This point I have fished and had a few Ray.

P1200112.thumb.JPG.25e398a0bb8b2a6c89a5235057a52b5c.JPG

Had some ray and bass of the causeway beach going out to the island.

P1200109.thumb.JPG.e06eafcb9dccbf42714210b3c6264881.JPG

Cheers Arry 

• Like 11

Wow Daniel that is a bueaty!

Had a couple of hours wandering with a rod as I didn't want to have a fishless weekend!.....

IMG-20180624-WA0004.jpeg

IMG-20180624-WA0013.jpg

IMG-20180624-WA0014.jpg

IMG-20180624-WA0002.jpeg

IMG-20180624-WA0012.jpg

It's a tiny river and a trickle in most places but has a few deeper spots that hold some nice fish. Today I managed a few brown trout, a couple of grayling, a roach and a big gudgeon. Was a real enjoyable outing with a 6 foot rod set up with a small float and a few maggots. Was gutted when the light faded. Next time I'll take the fly rod instead, I was only expecting a few small chub.

• Like 9