All-terrain

View From Your Swim

42 minutes ago, two crows said:

it would on the pin mate proper fishing, I do it from time to time on my old trotting reel.

It's not like most centrepins. It has a disc brake on it like a salmon reel.  Look at how I didn't need to clamp the reel..........

• Like 2

I see not as much fun as a proper one lol, but looks interesting, I like to go light and play my fish, the way you did that you must have faith in the line well done. 

There are pro's and con's about light tackle and playing fish. I tend to fish in  places with fallen trees, large rocks or other snags. That's where the fish are and you can't afford to let them run into the snags. Hook and hold. That rod, reel and line set up has handled catfish to around 50lb hooked at close range and held tight. The carp yesterday ran out into the open river and so was allowed to go. If it had turned downstream towards the trees I would have added thumb pressure to the drum of the reel and then switched the drag on.

With this 18lb carp caught while barbel fishing I had no option than to let it run as the hook link was 4lb to a 14 hook. At one point I only had about five turns of line left on the Speedia.

1928868494_Carp18lbRiverVienne.jpg.dc7d0f4f97f96f0cb4ed5239ef96a58a.jpg

But there is no point allowing a fish to run itself to death or snag up if you can stop it.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Nicepix said:

There are pro's and con's about light tackle and playing fish. I tend to fish in  places with fallen trees, large rocks or other snags. That's where the fish are and you can't afford to let them run into the snags. Hook and hold. That rod, reel and line set up has handled catfish to around 50lb hooked at close range and held tight. The carp yesterday ran out into the open river and so was allowed to go. If it had turned downstream towards the trees I would have added thumb pressure to the drum of the reel and then switched the drag on.

With this 18lb carp caught while barbel fishing I had no option than to let it run as the hook link was 4lb to a 14 hook. At one point I only had about five turns of line left on the Speedia.

1928868494_Carp18lbRiverVienne.jpg.dc7d0f4f97f96f0cb4ed5239ef96a58a.jpg

But there is no point allowing a fish to run itself to death or snag up if you can stop it.

how did you know my reel is a speedia lol, if I am carping I always use a light hook link knowing its gone if any probs, the problem these days is every Stillwater seems to be stuffed with carp so targeting something else without hooking carp is nigh on imposible, that's why I mostly fish little old farm pits these days.

On 17/05/2019 at 15:47, Liamboy said:

Today 

IMG_20190517_100507.jpg

IMG_20190517_111513.jpg

IMG_20190517_100447.jpg

IMG_20190517_111509.jpg

IMG_20190517_105844.jpg

That just screams bass!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

That just screams bass!

Never caught a bass before, although iv never really tried. Wouldn't mind getting trying though. Sea trout  I was after there👍

• Like 1