Advocate Spot On For Dogs

Can anyone get it cheaper than the local Vets etc etc.

I tried online but need a prescription and they are only valid for 3 orders ?

Does it work out cheaper form MEdicanimal and any of the other online sites ?

Or would a none prescription separate wormer and flee treatment be cheaper..?

3 dogs at the vets is expensive for the year.

Last year I had some Prezamac ? or something like that name that were good wormers supposedly .. But the flea treatment is priority this time of year..That why I moved onto Advocate...its just so expensive.

Any clues anyone ?

wormers are easy to get off fleebay etc etc.. but prescription strength type Spot ons etc etc Ive had no luck ever buying cheaper...SO Far.... ?

Its the Fleas/Ticks/Mange Mites etc etc i want to keep at bay this summer.

There was a website selling the advocate at about half what the vets charge and without a prescription. I ordered from them a few times but they have now closed down and I haven't found anywhere else to get them from so I just get them from the vets now.

There was a website selling the advocate at about half what the vets charge and without a prescription. I ordered from them a few times but they have now closed down and I haven't found anywhere else to get them from so I just get them from the vets now.

From what I can gather,all the online sites require a Prescription for the Dog etc etc... I waited in my vets for 1 hour last night so they could weigh my dog and examine her before they would give me a prescription..... After waiting 1 full hour with a bloke sat next to me with a screaming spaniel...I could take no more and had to leave.. They also said that the said prescription could only be used 3 times before being re-newed...? Not working out so cheap after all this messing about.

Any clues anyone ?

Its looking like..back on the millbamax and Spot on from chemists.

http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Product/bayer-provado-ultimate-bug-killer-ready-to-use/13934/4.4.8

We got bug killer out of woodies last year to cure a persistent flea problem, I think it was that one, but the can was a fiver. Look for a bug killer with imidachlorid. Flea's dropped of, sprayed sheds with non op sheep dip then.

You can use fly treatments for cattle as well. The one's with cypermetrin in them 30 quid for 500 ml, spot on back of neck and the base of the tail.

http://www.woodiesdiy.com/Product/bayer-provado-ultimate-bug-killer-ready-to-use/13934/4.4.8

We got bug killer out of woodies last year to cure a persistent flea problem, I think it was that one, but the can was a fiver. Look for a bug killer with imidachlorid. Flea's dropped of, sprayed sheds with non op sheep dip then.

You can use fly treatments for cattle as well. The one's with cypermetrin in them 30 quid for 500 ml, spot on back of neck and the base of the tail.

this is very interesting Voon.. so your saying you sprayed that stuff for plants on the dogs ?" Bayer Provado Ultimate Bug Killer " ?

Would this not be poisonous to the dogs ?

and the " Cyper Guard concentrated Sheep Dip " would you need a stock ID number to order any of that type of stuff..when I have tried ordering Ivomec etc etc in the past they have always wanted a cattle/stock ID ? any clues anyone ?

Vin,

Advocate contains imidacloprid at 100mg/ml which is 10% solution and moxidectin at 25mg/ml which is a 2.5% solution.

The bug killer is made by Bayer, who also make advocate spot on. From memory it contained 0.32gl of imidacloprid and the rest is water. We sprayed it on to kill the flea's, and it did, but because it wouldn't have the stickers in a pour on, it wouldn't have the same longevity as a spot on, which is basically a small animal version of a cattle pour-on, at an inflated price.The moxidectin is the wormer/mite control active ingredient in spot on, it's not particularly effective on flea's(which is why the imidacloprid is added) but is effective on mites. This is why you have to inject twice with ivocmec for mites, but only once with cydectin. Cydectin contains moxidectin and is the cattle/sheep version of spot on, without the imidacloprid. You can get a version which contains both active ingredients for cattle. Cydectin is also available in injection form like ivocmec. I don't know anything regarding the purchasing of it in England.

Just remember that ivocmec can be poisonous to collies or collie blooded dogs if your going to use it.

Voon

Vin,

Advocate contains imidacloprid at 100mg/ml which is 10% solution and moxidectin at 25mg/ml which is a 2.5% solution.

The bug killer is made by Bayer, who also make advocate spot on. From memory it contained 0.32gl of imidacloprid and the rest is water. We sprayed it on to kill the flea's, and it did, but because it wouldn't have the stickers in a pour on, it wouldn't have the same longevity as a spot on, which is basically a small animal version of a cattle pour-on, at an inflated price.The moxidectin is the wormer/mite control active ingredient in spot on, it's not particularly effective on flea's(which is why the imidacloprid is added) but is effective on mites. This is why you have to inject twice with ivocmec for mites, but only once with cydectin. Cydectin contains moxidectin and is the cattle/sheep version of spot on, without the imidacloprid. You can get a version which contains both active ingredients for cattle. Cydectin is also available in injection form like ivocmec. I don't know anything regarding the purchasing of it in England.

Just remember that ivocmec can be poisonous to collies or collie blooded dogs if your going to use it.

Voon

Voon . . . what can I say apart from thanks for the serious educational there. . . I'm still trying to absorb the details and see how I can make use of this little diamond.

Next question is.... Where/how do I get some.?.. I don't keep any cattle/livestock so ordering it is not possible.

I got some of the Bayer Bug killer Spray ready to use from Wilko for £3.50 .

I'm a bit wary of using it until I get a bit more advice on usage from the experts.

anyone ?