Tale Of Two Halves

Some good numbers there Rez. What are you running on the 100 ?

No mate, I just walk round with in my hand :D

Anyway. In my signature man. Mods a SAK rim fire job, no better than the standard HW, and AA Fields four five twos.

Anyway. In my signature man. Mods a SAK rim fire job, no better than the standard HW, and AA Fields four five twos.

Cheers mate. I'm picking a falcon up tomorrow and trying the barracuda hunter extremes in it in .177.

Hope the barrel like them as I think they'll have good knock down power

Cheers mate. I'm picking a falcon up tomorrow and trying the barracuda hunter extremes in it in .177.

Hope the barrel like them as I think they'll have good knock down power

Keep us informed. Your a rapid man aren't ya?

Nice shooting that! About the 100 and distance, I pushed mine through the chrono last week. It arrived at 11.5lb and seemed to be taking stuff way out beyond my usual comfort zone with a sub 12.

Anyway, still just around 11lb. So, a distance test with an egg, my target favourite except with the shotgun. It was popping eggs at 70 yards no problem. For the sake of repeating myself and others, the accuracy is amazing. Is it boring?

Well no, its a tool and it does the job, humanely. As a target rifle its brilliant too.

Lets face it, nothing seems as accurate, even in a wind.

Its my pick up and go gun now.

For the sake of repeating myself and others, the accuracy is amazing. Is it boring?

Well no, its a tool and it does the job, humanely. As a target rifle its brilliant too.

Yes its a tool for a job. That is all. Consistency can get boring sometimes. Thats what boredom is. The same thing over and over.

Id completely disagree with it being a 'target rifle', [i know some people use there 100's for targets, I have, but not as in 'points' targets...

Id question, what is the shooter actually doing to show I high level of skill? Its a small gripe I have with all target sports using PCP's, including HFT. Learn your ranges, get your PCP set up right, and to be honest in 177, you'll aim dead one from 8 - 45 yards in certain circumstances. Theres a chap at my club, his Steyr is set up so well, granted, its took sometime, outputting 11.8 with perhaps a 2FPS spread over 100 shots and his optics are so low on the rifle, his pellet never leaves a 8mm disk all the way out to 45 yards. High 50's everytime. All he is worried about is if its windy basically. In last years summer shoots, he choose to use his spring rifle, a real nice 77k. Low 30's. Is he actually, technically a good shot? Is he as good as "Joe Bloggs" who uses his TX every comp and never gets out of 40?

Target sports should be about the skill of the shooter, not the rifle.

No argument starter here, my own opinions.

As Ive said in a pm in the past... Ill have that Rapid if it needs to go :D

It'd cost you a few £££! To buy this mate.

But never say never. I'm quite liking some of these bullpups that are out at the min and a left handed RAW in .20