Postoxin Flask Disposal

I do not produce much waste now , having moved back towards traps apart from phostoxin flasks.

I have contacted a couple of companies regarding removal of the flasks, I know they are classed as hazardous waste, but the price to take them away seems ludicrous.

I sometimes only use one flask , vent it and securely store it , but would rather get rid rather than accumulate them.

I would appreciate any advice on best waste carriers .

Thanks.

Excuse my ignorance,.... ( I'm not a pestie )

Is that really something that's classed as hazardous waste ?

Such a small and insignificant little container....

Whatever happened to the practice of leaving them as a marker or venting / burying on site ?

Atb.

Thanks for all your replies , tried the environment agency , they told me to try a national waste disposal company such as viola or biffa , their prices are sky high.

Yes it is classed as hazardous waste when empty or full , you need a paper trail from purchase to use to disposal.

Yes the way to get rid of them was common practice to crush and bury it in your last hole .

The new phostoxin flasks are to be numbered and you will need a transfer note from a hazardous waste disposal company on collection to prove it is no longer in your possession.

surely I can't be the only one using this product :hmm: ,maybe I will have to sign up to a hazardous waste disposal scheme, was just trying to keep costs down and profit up, :toast: .

Thanks for all your replies , tried the environment agency , they told me to try a national waste disposal company such as viola or biffa , their prices are sky high.

Yes it is classed as hazardous waste when empty or full , you need a paper trail from purchase to use to disposal.

Yes the way to get rid of them was common practice to crush and bury it in your last hole .

The new phostoxin flasks are to be numbered and you will need a transfer note from a hazardous waste disposal company on collection to prove it is no longer in your possession.

surely I can't be the only one using this product :hmm: ,maybe I will have to sign up to a hazardous waste disposal scheme, was just trying to keep costs down and profit up, :toast: .

Try bpca/npta

iwm

Try bpca/npta

iwm

or killgerm

iwm.

personally I think there will still be plenty of work about, but more to go around as less of us re-do the c&g.

Cannot look at the Killgerm scheme as it seams there pdf is corrupted I just cant read it!!

But if its £200 for all your waste , it doesn't sound too bad ??

Chemclear have a similar priced set up as well, they phoned me today.

First year registration is £45 +vat (£54) future years £25+vat (£28:80)

If like me you only produce a small amount of waste, then can have a yearly collection or when ever you like

Collection is £90 +vat + 75p per litre (volume) + vat = £108 + per litre volume eg 25 litre volume per year = £18:75

So reckon is about £ 108 + £22:50 + £54

£184:50 year 1

£159:30 year 2

And of course will generate a proper paper trail

Edited by shropshire mole

Chemclear have a similar priced set up as well, they phoned me today.

First year registration is £45 +vat (£54) future years £25+vat (£28:80)

If like me you only produce a small amount of waste, then can have a yearly collection or when ever you like

Collection is £90 +vat + 75p per litre (volume) + vat = £108 + per litre volume eg 25 litre volume per year = £18:75

So reckon is about £ 108 + £22:50 + £54

£184:50 year 1

£159:30 year 2

And of course will generate a proper paper trail

Thanks this sounds good , will give them a try ..