Genuine Chocolate Patterdale

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You could be doing your pups alot more harm than good. Six weeks is too young, they have their mothers antibodies and they will be trying to fight the vaccination. It is completely pointless to jab so

That colour has been around for a long time and it hasn't ruined the type yet. If you mean it will be ruined by the money men ? They've also been around for a long time and they haven't ruined the t

Why would they be 'big names'? I thought they were just men with terriers who were more popular than some others for 1 reason or another ?

Posted Images

I no regardless of the colour as long as they work but im just sayin in general a lot are advertised as nuttall/wheeler and tbh neither bloke has any choc/liver/gold dogs around them.. thats all my question was so would i be right in sayin its just for them to sell quicker ?

That colour will be the ruin of the patterdale breed

That colour has been around for a long time and it hasn't ruined the type yet.

If you mean it will be ruined by the money men ?

They've also been around for a long time and they haven't ruined the type yet either. As long as there's fools with wads there'll be money men.

Edited by neil cooney
  • Like 7

That colour will be the ruin of the patterdale breed

It was ruined when the ego,s utilised the name to extract dollar from the numptys and fame chasers,was not the original Pat a black and tan Lakey?.

The Patterdale will always be safe while there's decent lads still keeping and working them, and keeping them out of the hands of the wannabes and dog dealers... :yes:

It became doomed as soon as the ribbon and dollar chasers took interest in it,look at the Bedlington,the foundation of the black Fells.For every genuine grafter and breeder of a black un there will be 5 more with less honest intent,fact.

• Like 1

If theres money in them i better get a few .Top up the holiday fund a bit .Make a change from dragging deer .

At a terrier show Sunday and not one choc pat was shown .Was won by a very smart black dog that sadly will never see the dark.The fact is the more lads talk about the choc being sought after the more the show ponies want them so treat as just another worker ,or a cull as the case maybe .

If theres money in them i better get a few .Top up the holiday fund a bit .Make a change from dragging deer .

At a terrier show Sunday and not one choc pat was shown .Was won by a very smart black dog that sadly will never see the dark.The fact is the more lads talk about the choc being sought after the more the show ponies want them so treat as just another worker ,or a cull as the case maybe .

FD the way it looks and sounds any man could have a good holiday on a litter of chocs.I go to maybe 2 shows a year and that is exactly why i dont go to more.When you see a terrier,dont matter what colour bieng paraded about in a ring and you known full well it has never left the owners sitting room let alone graft,and worst of all is if its a working terrier show,imo there should be 2 categories 1 for the ribbon brigade and 1 for workers.Keven EM of here runs a good show,proper working terriers that have seen plenty of work,way it should be.

• Like 1

So how do you pick workers from posers in the show ring ?

Or would I get a quicker answer if I asked "What's the meaning of life ?" LOL.

It's annoying when you see a well known showdog beating a well known working in the show ring but it's not the end of the world and see when a show gets a good reputation for attracting quality workers sooner or later the show folk will target that show as it becomes THEE show to win thus increasing the price of pups or studs and the cycle continues.

• Like 3