Bushing For Pot

RussBoy

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this little dog will catch most days out.

Smashing picture Willow..   I was tail docking some Red Fell types and the owner asked me if I wanted a pup...? They were beautiful whelps,.but I declined his kind offer, as back then,..my running

to be honest mine dont catch many flush well but catch no seen some old type jack russells catch a few under 12 inchs nipp throu as quick as rabbits the tan bitch is a good catcher if we let her work

For me bushing with my terrier and lurcher were never gonna get big numbers..a few good runs and the odd catch..lurcher picks the odd few up terrier gets lucky now and then and catchers in cover.keeps them fit and ya carnt beat spending a few hours watching the pair do there thing..its good fun.

• Like 5

to be honest mine dont catch many flush well but catch no seen some old type jack russells catch a few under 12 inchs nipp throu as quick as rabbits the tan bitch is a good catcher if we let her work on her own she can use her own style

• Like 7

:clapper:Smashing picture Willow..

I was tail docking some Red Fell types and the owner asked me if I wanted a pup...?

They were beautiful whelps,.but I declined his kind offer, as back then,..my running dogs were only used after dark....I had been awarded quite a few fines via the Magistrates Court, and the Judge had assured me that my next stop would have to be Winchester Jail,.so no more day walking for me :laugh:

Far too risky...

However, a few months on,.I had an early morning mouch out, with the owner and a young pup that he had kept back...She was a nice thing,.a gorgeous fiery red in hue and fairly lean and leggy...

We stuck to the footpaths that bordered a large sporting estate and within minutes she was catching well and we were laden down with pheasants...In truth, the fecker could not stop catching them !

A brace of Rabbits and a hare were also taken from out of the gorse ..and facts were,..I was starting to get a tad spooky,...this lighting fast fecker was definitly gonna get us the jail...

"For fecks sake man, put her on a lead,.enough is enough"... :icon_eek:

What a great little hunter this bitch was,..and although primarily bred for bolting the foxes,..she would have made a great moucher's dog..

I last saw a photo of her on the front of the Shooting News,...

Her good looks had served her proud, for she had just won, the Great Yorkshire Show. :thumbs:

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 7

I currently using a border collie great fun watching her crash through cover bunnies bolting everywhere and she gets the odd one would love to cross her with a bushing type dog think they would make brilliant pups out her but not sure what. Maybe terrier type to bring size down

• Like 2