Pointer X Bull Greyhound

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this is my gwp he is a cracking dog on fox, he has no bother catching them in the cover and very rough ground. Hopefully he will be going over a greyhound bitch.

Bull Arab has a whole lot more in it than just pointer and bully greyhound. Dane, foxhound, mastiff etc have all gone into the breed to the point where it now breeds to type. Pointer x's have been pop

better one of him really strong animal. He is used on fur and feather

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

There is alot of speculation and rumours about the bull arab but the common theory is that originally it was bull terrier, English pointer and greyhound.over time different lines (eg Brian neale, Anderson, Warrego, etc) have infused different breeds and they are all called bull arabs, so basically a bull arab is an aussie pig dog. I have an Anderson line bull arab that is a decent pig dog. I can definitely see English pointer in him and I would be surprised if there wasn't bully grey, but I suspect there is some bullmastiff or something like that in his lineage. He is about 28 tts and 40kg, very strong, will run all day, very obedient family pet(my kids adore him and he is extremely gentle and protective) and has a good nose,but lacks real speed and agility for faster game. When I got him I thought he would be good to breed with running dogs but I have since changed my mind and now use him only as a pig dog.

There is alot of speculation and rumours about the bull arab but the common theory is that originally it was bull terrier, English pointer and greyhound.over time different lines (eg Brian neale, Anderson, Warrego, etc) have infused different breeds and they are all called bull arabs, so basically a bull arab is an aussie pig dog. I have an Anderson line bull arab that is a decent pig dog. I can definitely see English pointer in him and I would be surprised if there wasn't bully grey, but I suspect there is some bullmastiff or something like that in his lineage. He is about 28 tts and 40kg, very strong, will run all day, very obedient family pet(my kids adore him and he is extremely gentle and protective) and has a good nose,but lacks real speed and agility for faster game. When I got him I thought he would be good to breed with running dogs but I have since changed my mind and now use him only as a pig dog.

Why do you think he's no good for the runners?

He is too big, too slow can't turn or stop, which is fine for pigs but faster and more evasive game like rabbits, hare and fox,which is still legal quarry here, he is not even close. Also with his mixed bloodlines pups could throw to anything, so I concluded that he is not suitable to breed for successful running dogs. Atb.