Help/advice Please Everyone

Took blu the vets today he's got an absess and it's just cost 175 quid for 2 injections painkillers and antibiotics they said it should be gone in a week if not they have got to cut him open and see if whatever is stuck in his gum is still in

A lot of money that,,I'm normally on the side of vets,,,but that's ridiculous for that bit of treatment,,,
We were in the vets for about 15 minuets aswell it's rediculus
just out of curiosity what were the drugs and how many

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At least you took it to the vets and done the right thing for the dog well done

abscess or it might be a wasp sting either way better safe than sorry

What do you think the vet will do then ......

Took blu the vets today he's got an absess and it's just cost 175 quid for 2 injections painkillers and antibiotics they said it should be gone in a week if not they have got to cut him open and see if whatever is stuck in his gum is still in

A lot of money that,,I'm normally on the side of vets,,,but that's ridiculous for that bit of treatment,,,
I'm just on the way back from work I'll let you know when I get in

He's got 14 Antirobe caps 150mg to take twice a day and 7 Onsior 40mg to take once a day

He's got 14 Antirobe caps 150mg to take twice a day and 7 Onsior 40mg to take once a day
what were the injections did you see

Kind of funny the amount you were charged mate when the tablets you got the antirobes are £15 the onsior is £7 you should of just asked for the prescription and ordered them your self it's Usally £20 quid for a consult £15 for a prescription so it would of only cost you £57 plus the 2 jags if It's just a long acting anitpiotic and a pain killer shroud of been no more the £20 so it should of been £77 or roughly that did they not give you a receipt with all the details of what they have done and what they have charged you for

what were the injections did you see
The injections were the same as the antibiotics to get them in him quicker I did have a recept yeah but I can't find it now it's was 35 quid for the consult and the injections were about 20quid each and one of the tablets was nerly 40 quid can't remember how much the other was and then + vat

you got rooked mate 2 mins research could of saved you 120 quid not surprising most vets think they can get away with it he would of probably tried too charge you a fortune for the prescription if you said you were going too buy your own drugs onlinehttp://www.vetuk.co.uk/pet-meds-prescription-only-antirobe-capsules-c-21_707

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/pet-meds-prescription-only-onsior-c-21_751

Edited by BIGLURKS