• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At least you took it to the vets and done the right thing for the dog well done

abscess or it might be a wasp sting either way better safe than sorry

What do you think the vet will do then ......

I wouldnt go sticking needles in there mate, abcess nomslly got like a plug in them which will develop, but i carnt see an abcess coming that big, that fast my guess be a wasp mate

What do you think the vet will do then ......

Aye, but a vet has a bit of paper to stop the RSPCA prosecuting him.

• Like 1

Took blu the vets today he's got an absess and it's just cost 175 quid for 2 injections painkillers and antibiotics they said it should be gone in a week if not they have got to cut him open and see if whatever is stuck in his gum is still in

Fukc sake I'm not talking about open heart surgery I am talking about lancing with a pin ........

I agree with you mate. We share an opinion when it comes to self help for dogs (and probably people!). Unfortunately our view is not shared by the powers that be, so no sense in advertising for them...

• Like 1

However you are allowed to carry out minor treatments if it's to relieve the dog of pain and as long as you then seek vetinary advice ... So if he had lanced it to relieve the pressure then went to the vets he would have been fine ........

• Like 2

I wouldn't of thought lancing would come under minor procedures.

Of course it is ... You putting a small hole into the skin to relieve pressure and allow the pus to come out ... A dog will get worse bushing through thorns ........

So if any thinghappen toyour mutts just take socks advice stick a sharp object in and see what happens :laugh:

It won't work for a broken leg though ... You have to use a jagged bottle for more serious injuries ......

Took blu the vets today he's got an absess and it's just cost 175 quid for 2 injections painkillers and antibiotics they said it should be gone in a week if not they have got to cut him open and see if whatever is stuck in his gum is still in

A lot of money that,,I'm normally on the side of vets,,,but that's ridiculous for that bit of treatment,,,

• Like 2

A lot of money that,,I'm normally on the side of vets,,,but that's ridiculous for that bit of treatment,,,

We were in the vets for about 15 minuets aswell it's rediculus