Drop Net

hotdog

Thing about a drop net and ive a great set for a drop net is itgoing to be have to be set somewhere really remote or these days somebody will just lift it and you loose the lot or you get the nutter that knows what it is and vandilises it

Thing about a drop net and ive a great set for a drop net is itgoing to be have to be set somewhere really remote or these days somebody will just lift it and you loose the lot or you get the nutter that knows what it is and vandilises it

and it needs to be in place for awhile to let the rabbits get used to it being there, its no good setting it up one afternoon and hoping to use it the same night :yes:

Y.I.S Leeview

and it needs to be in place for awhile to let the rabbits get used to it being there, its no good setting it up one afternoon and hoping to use it the same night :yes:

Y.I.S Leeview

I sometimes cut timber poles and knock into the ground in front of the hedge or burrows i am going to net for a few days or even a week before i set the net, then just change the poles for the drop net, its worked for me and if any one takes the timber pole you have lost nothing.

IWM

• Like 1

Y.I.S Leeview

I sometimes cut timber poles and knock into the ground in front of the hedge or burrows i am going to net for a few days or even a week before i set the net, then just change the poles for the drop net, its worked for me and if any one takes the timber pole you have lost nothing.

IWM

I ve never found the poles put the rabbits off, its the net above the rabbits that spooks them till they get used to the net

Y.I.S Leeview

• Like 1

We made the mistake of using metal poles and rings,the problem was they rattled in the wind disturbing the feeding rabbits,we never really did very well with it, caught more with my quickset and no chance of getting it nicked, if you use night vision you can see how many are out feeding to check if its worth doing,good luck,WM

I needed a drop net back in January for a place...I hadn't got the time to start messing building one and to buy a ready made was pricey.

After a bit of digging about I came on a method of using a quickest with clothes pegs and a pull cord, it worked very well and cost next to nothing.

I set it out for a week before and it did take a few days before the rabbits would go under it, but after that it didn't bother them and I caught plenty, I dropped it three times over one night as well

• Like 2

I knew I had a few somewhere

When I set it up, I undid the hitch on the bottom of the pole and pushed the foot line up to the top, then drew the bagging back from each side and used the heavier yellow peg to keep it all in place on each pole, the day before I used it I swapped these heavy ones for light ones which had a hole in them, I didn't take a photo but still have the pegs, the shape of them allowed them to come off without snagging easily on the net which I had problems with before.

I put a pull cord which was 2mm braided nylon through the first hole and put a good thick knot in it, then put the cord through the hole in each peg right along the net and run the cord out through the wood and through a staked pulley on the bend, to the far side of a large grass area where they were feeding, on the evening I was going to drop it.

It worked well, the odd time I got a section that maybe didn't just fall perfect but by and large it was good - 6z netting works better, shaped pegs and the pulley helped the whole thing.

There are a lot of lights shining from both sides which light up the front, rear and inside of this strip in the winter which prevented me from just running a net through the usual way while they were feeding.

For the trouble of building or buying a drop net, I found this tackled my problem reasonably well, and I hitched the foot line back on as I collected it in again to the basket.

DSC_0016_zpsubiqvyzc.jpg

DSC_0015_zpsljozrdmi.jpg

DSC_0013_zps0gvsyzor.jpg

• Like 6