Full Body Vs Split Workout.

Not sure about this myself but something to consider.

What is the protein content of say 10 eggs, how convenient are they to cook, carry and eat?

How much powder do you have to mix up to get the same protein value? how convenient is it to carry, eat and consume?

I use whey powder as well as eating eggs, meat, fish and nuts in large quantities. I use it for convenience at times of the day when eating half a dozen eggs is well... Awkward.

I'm no bodybuilder, more... Long term in training. I don't lift weights to look stacked or get ripped, just to be stronger and fitter and I generally believe it helps my work and everyday life.

I have reached a point where I no longer really gain mass or size, my strength fluctuates depending on how much I can train and what training I can fit in. I keep up my diet otherwise I do notice a significant loss of strength over time.

I find that taking the whey helps with fatigue. Even if I have spent a day on a chainsaw or splitting axe etc etc etc.

The advice gnasher is giving is the advice I was given when I very first started going to the gym in my teens. That was a while ago and its still around, it's stood the test of time.

• Like 4

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with Sandymere......do you want to have muscles that ache or muscles that grow ?......You could get your wife to jump on your back go and stand on the stairs and do 100 calf raises,tomorrow yo

I dont really have an opinion either way lads it is what it is some people go mad for it some people dont.......at the end of the day no food is bad for you its the amount of it you have thats bad for

Not sure about this myself but something to consider.   What is the protein content of say 10 eggs, how convenient are they to cook, carry and eat?   How much powder do you have to mix up to get

eggs,chicken breast,fish etc are fine,but if you work out in your dinner hour or have to carry them around all day you'll stink.

some dry whey in a bag or whatever and some cold milk in a thermos.

Personally i try and steer novice lifters away from powders and supplements of any kind,people new to lifting need to get familiar with real food and gain an understanding of not only the content of food but how foods effect your body.........with the way the supplement market is today its too tempting for novices to think they can replace food with powder........they are there to supplement your food not replace it id rather see people have no supplements and a good diet rather than great supplements and a poor diet new lifters struggle with eating every 3 hours and think that protein shakes can replace a few of those meals......they cant.

I remember a lad a while ago started coming in the gym with what on paper was the perfect quantities of macronutrients for his age/size and what he wanted to accomplish.......after a while he wasnt making the gains he was hoping for and we sat him down and went through everything.....it turned out almost his entire daily diet was out of satchets of MyProtein meal replacements....he rarely ate real food......yet like i say on paper his diet in terms of nutrients looked bang on !.......you,ve got to keep things real.

• Like 2

50 grams blueberry 50 grams strawberry 50 grams raspberry.smoothie

. A banana a kiwi through out the day a serving peanuts. Then porridge for brek ..tuna rice lunch. Red meat fish or chicken for dinner. Shake before bed

And a good dollop of natural yogourt

Lose the red meat and you,ll have the cleanest arteries in the west :D

50 grams blueberry 50 grams strawberry 50 grams raspberry.smoothie

. A banana a kiwi through out the day a serving peanuts. Then porridge for brek ..tuna rice lunch. Red meat fish or chicken for dinner. Shake before bed

And a good dollop of natural yogourt

Lose the red meat and you,ll have the cleanest arteries in the west :D

Done ? lol

Well, talking about lifting, an old uni mate of mine has just become world champion in the WDFPF single lift deadlift event. He was a real grafter academically and obviously now in the gym. Nice to see him go the distance.

• Like 1

Well, talking about lifting, an old uni mate of mine has just become world champion in the WDFPF single lift deadlift event. He was a real grafter academically and obviously now in the gym. Nice to see him go the distance.

Was that over the wknd just gone at some university camp up near Wolverhampton ?.....a kid near me was invited but apparently its nearly all university lads now and they have to pay 70 quid or something as an entry fee :blink: ....he,s a genuine drug free lifter so it would of been nice to see how he faired....well done to your pal anyway.

Edited by gnasher16

Was that over the wknd just gone at some university camp up near Wolverhampton ?.....a kid near me was invited but apparently its nearly all university lads now and they have to pay 70 quid or something as an entry fee :blink: ....he,s a genuine drug free lifter so it would of been nice to see how he faired....well done to your pal anyway.

This weekend just gone yeah. I don't know the details exactly. I've followed my mates lifting since Uni. He's more into drug free bodybuilding but got a bit to work on since his last comp and gave the powerlifting a shot in the mean time "to stop me getting fat". LOL. He's a top man, he doesn't do anything by halves. Really good to see him do well. Not sure exactly what he pulled yet, but about a week ago he pulled 280 in training, so I wouldn't be surprised if he hit 300. 82.5kg class. Mad strength for a 27 year old physicist. HA!

Also, if I recall correctly, he graduated top of our year. 99% in Quantum Physics ffs.

Edited by Born Hunter

This weekend just gone yeah. I don't know the details exactly. I've followed my mates lifting since Uni. He's more into drug free bodybuilding but got a bit to work on since his last comp and gave the powerlifting a shot in the mean time "to stop me getting fat". LOL. He's a top man, he doesn't do anything by halves. Really good to see him do well. Not sure exactly what he pulled yet, but about a week ago he pulled 280 in training, so I wouldn't be surprised if he hit 300. 82.5kg class. Mad strength for a 27 year old physicist. HA!

Also, if I recall correctly, he graduated top of our year. 99% in Quantum Physics ffs.

Obviously spends to much time in the gym if he only got 99%. Lol

• Like 3
  • 6 years later...
On 14/06/2015 at 12:06, lurcherman 887 said:

10st before 11st 4 now pal

f***ing hell still 11 stone 4 as of today 

thought id been losing weight recently been having really bad guts of a morning time. 

Knew id posted my weight on here somewhere thl is handy sometimes lol 

1 hour ago, lurcherman 887 said:

f***ing hell still 11 stone 4 as of today 

thought id been losing weight recently been having really bad guts of a morning time. 

Knew id posted my weight on here somewhere thl is handy sometimes lol 

You've gone back over 6 years just to find your weight, brilliant ?

1 minute ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Need to get back in the gym mate feel fit cardio wise but want to get stronger ! 

All comes back in good time mate when you crack on 

Least you feel fit in ya ol lungs and heart,most important thing out the lot imo ?

• Like 1