New Member From South Wales

This is the 2nd time of writing a introduction , wrote a lovely introduction earlier , left it on the latop for me to proof read later then when i came back to it a few hours later i tried posting and something happened where the whole txt had dissapeared . Great start .

My first feel of a firearm of any kind was a very old .177 pistol my father used to have . I remember after putting the slug into it you had to pump the stock under the barrell 10 times to gain power . He used to use it to shoot mice and rats to feed to his boa constrictor when me and my brother were kids . Anyway , we used to fill plastic bottles with water and shoot at them from a distance .

Then at 19 i decided to buy myself a Air Rifle . It was a BSA lightning XL . It was a great starter rifle for me . At the time i lived with my parents in the countryside so there were fields all around and i knew the farmers so i could wander around . I then swapped my BSA with a landlord for his BSA hornet (the one with a 10 slug clip) and a bit of cash going in his direction . Then on a whim i bought a Weirauch HW80 with a new spring put in . Both those guns were amazing , The hornet for its lack of recoil and easy reloading and the HW80 for the blunderbuss feel i got from shooting it .

2 children later and my time shooting was down to near zero so i ended up selling the guns . In hindsight i regret it , mainly because i dont remember what i did with the money it was so long ago . Usually when i dont remember what i do with money it means it has gone to bills or dept or something as uninspiring as that .

Last year i bought 2 rifles from a man in town . A Weirauch HW35 and a SMK (something) . Both guns are a bit battered and ropey but i only paid £35 for the two so i cant complain . I went shooting with a friend recently and he brought his shotgun with him . I'd never seen or shot a shotgun before that time and he let me fire a few shots to have a feel of it . Loved it . He easily bagged 2 rabbits even with 3 of us wandering around fields uncoordinated probably disturbing the rabbits . Ive decided to apply for a shotgun licence in the next month which im really looking forward to i must be honest .

I came across this site the other day . I cant remember what brought me here but having a look around the site made me want to sign up. Having looked around ive come to the conlcusion that i have about 0.05% of the knowledge of the people on here regarding hunting , guns and outdoor stuff but i have a interest in it and this place seems the best place online to learn and gather knowledge from .