Springer Scope Mount One Piece

Hello guys

Thanks for the replies.

I have a sportsmatch one piece double screw mount on my hw77 and when I got it with my Hawke HD the guy in the gun shop made me think I was going over the top and said most people just use the single hawke mounts. I had it in my mind that if I get the singles I would wish I had payed more later on so I went for it. I thought it would be like getting a good pair of shoes then using string for laces.

Thing is I am not an expert so only have my gut reaction to guide me.

I have looked at J S Ramsbottom site and they are good prices but have no phone number to check on the mount type. I did a search on there site but think they don't have all the range.

I have seen a one piece double top screw and 4 side screws but need it to be high to clear a 50mm lense scope.

I have just been on the sportsmatch web site and can't see a link to the range of mounts and the codes for ordering. Think I will contact sportsmatch next week, they need to show pictures and codes.

I have been on sellers sites but feel the full range is not on view.

Wonder how many people have just given up and went with a different type of mount.

1'' one piece high mounts single screw HOP16C double screw HOP26C.

30mm one piece high mounts only available in double screw HOP40C.

30mm dampa mount only available in high DM70.

All fit up to 56mm objectives, without Adjustable objective.

John.

Edited by JBWALES

Found the link for the pictures and codes, still not sure ?

DM70

AOP56

HOP40C

I think the web sit information is hard to find and poor for a new starter to follow, you have to know what you want.

May be they are just aimed at the expert, may be most new starters would just put the cheep ones on.

I must say it's all up hill for a new starter to get kitted out, I am pleased I found this site for guidance.

Sportmatch without a doubt. So much better than any Hawke one piece. I have sportsmatch one pieces on all my sprinters. There expensive, but you get what you pay for.

• Like 1

Sportmatch without a doubt. So much better than any Hawke one piece. I have sportsmatch one pieces on all my sprinters. There expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Hello Rez

Have you tried the Dampa one piece, thinking for the new 95.

1'' one piece high mounts single screw HOP16C double screw HOP26C.

30mm one piece high mounts only available in double screw HOP40C.

30mm dampa mount only available in high DM70.

All fit up to 56mm objectives, without Adjustable objective.

John.

Thanks John

I have ordered the dm70 dampa mount for my hw95/ Nikon 30mm tube.

Hi VWman.

Don't discard two piece mounts for future reference. They offer a far better flexibility of adjustment on the scopetube between the saddle of the scope, for getting the perfect eye relief and balance of the rifle just right. I learned a long time back that one-piece mounts are very limiting for this level of refined scope-fit to the rail.

I only ever use Sportsmatch 2-piece, double-hex-screw mounts on all my rifles and never once had a problem with any scope canting over as a result of recoil; or recoil-back scope-creep with any of them.

All the best.

Simon

I got the one piece mount yesterday, I noticed that the dampa dm70 on the web site has only 3 screws to clamp to the dove tails but the one sent to me has 4. The packet says it's a dm70 though it looks like a hop40c ?

I got it from Ramsbottoms and they were very quick and it was very well packaged.

Hi VWman.

Don't discard two piece mounts for future reference. They offer a far better flexibility of adjustment on the scopetube between the saddle of the scope, for getting the perfect eye relief and balance of the rifle just right. I learned a long time back that one-piece mounts are very limiting for this level of refined scope-fit to the rail.

I only ever use Sportsmatch 2-piece, double-hex-screw mounts on all my rifles and never once had a problem with any scope canting over as a result of recoil; or recoil-back scope-creep with any of them.

All the best.

Simon

Hello Simon

I had noticed that a lot of PCP's use two piece mounts to over come the access for loading. I also noticed that the PCP did not have much jump when fired.

In my mind I liked the idea of the one piece mount because it seems to act as a cradle for the tube to sit in and thought it would have less chance of denting the tube as the one piece would be more in line.

I think things through too much lol. I really don't know as I am new to it all and 20 years ago my BSA just had open sights.

On another rifle I will open to the idea of good two piece it's all a learning curve for me. When it comes to a final choice with things I just use what has been said mixed with my gut reaction.

This site has helped me get to this point and it has been great advice so far.

I would like to thank all the people that have helped me so far.

The springer story continues........

• Like 1