Colouring Block Paving ?

Can you dye/colour/stain etc etc Block Paving ?

Mine is all sort of colours from the last few years of use. . . Is it possible to sort of stain it really dark like you see the printed concrete type black/grey . . then maybe seal it with a protector ?

It would save you having to clean the oil and stains off so regular ?

could you chuck a load of black oil on it all and rub it in... then maybe seal it afterwards ?

I don't know if this would work? What about an industrial sander or a concrete finisher to clean the tops of the bricks then seal it?

TC

Give it a good clean then buy stuff called Swiss seal of the net 20 litters it brings it back to life get the satin

+1 on this method not familiar with the product but will re freshen your paviors...

If you have "gaps" between the blocks get some kiln dried sand and brush it in preferably weeks before applying a finish to allow weathering should look darker with the sealant!

Give it a good clean then buy stuff called Swiss seal of the net 20 litters it brings it back to life get the satin

+1 on this method not familiar with the product but will re freshen your paviors...

If you have "gaps" between the blocks get some kiln dried sand and brush it in preferably weeks before applying a finish to allow weathering should look darker with the sealant!

yep it does make it darker did some drives a few months ago and went back last week 170 170 180 and one at 200 . 40 litres and s roller for 220 no bad erner . I didn't really no what to charge so I just gave them a price and they where happy with that , how much can you charge for doing this , these drives where ruffly 40 /60 m2 ?

I just want my block paving to look dark brown/black instead of how it looks normally.. so its more like the printed concrete we see a lot of at moment...?

could I add some sort of concrete dye to the Swiss Seal stuff to make it also stain at same time ?

• 2 weeks later...

if its old paving the dyes right threw if its new ie the last 5 or so years it,ll be on the top 10 to 15 mill of the block

theres no real way of redying the tops the dye needs to go in when the concretes wet. sealants wear off after

about 6 months continuous use as most the time you travel over the same few blocks on a drive