Too Tired To Walk........!!

Spotted this in The Times yesterday.....

"A fifth of Britons now walk for less than 15 minutes per day.

A study by The College of Podiatry also found that 54% admitted to driving or using public transport to reach a destination that was within easy walking distance, but that 40% felt that they should walk more.

Reasons given for not walking include fear of being late, bad weather, tiredness and uncomfortable shoes."

Nothing better than walking in the rain I think.

No one else about - too worried they'll get their pretty little heads wet.

Set off in plenty of time and wear comfy shoes, and there's no excuses !

Got to say I reckon females are the worst offenders they won't walk anywhere . I work in town and I've seen girls in high heels get a cab literally to the end of street because they're to crippled up to walk in their expensive shoes .

What's wrong with being lazy? Is it even lazy driving to the shop rather than walking or is it just prioritising doing something more enjoyable with your time than walking? I've never walked to the shop (about a mile) where I live now. I'd get nothing out of it what so ever.

I agree that it's a terrible indictment of modern society that people don't get even a modest amount of physical activity into their lives but feck all wrong with making life easier for yourself. IMO :thumbs:

Got to say I reckon females are the worst offenders they won't walk anywhere . I work in town and I've seen girls in high heels get a cab literally to the end of street because they're to crippled up to walk in their expensive shoes .

ahem.... Not all obviously.! ;)

Set off in plenty of time and wear comfy shoes, and there's no excuses !

thats it blackbriar, can't abide excuses me. Either get it done or stop moaning about it!

A walk is good for the old head too. You'll not get that by sitting on your backside.

As above, my favourite would be walking in the rain, no one else just me and dogs. Even if I don't leave this place, I'll still be walking around checking perimeter with all animals at foot.

• Like 1

id rather drive the 800m to the shops than walk it,why waste the time?

if im going to go for a walk it will be enjoyable in nice surroundings,not down some busy street.

though i think the roads in all cities should be built primarily for bikes,it'd get the fattys in better shape,aswell as cutting down on pollution and congestion.

ahem.... Not all obviously.! ;)
no not you babe ? you know the type I mean

It's a society on the slippery slope to rock bottom when people care more about their appearance than their health.

• Like 1

I like it........my brother in law asked me a little while back "do you still walk the dog when it rains......."

When I relied yes.....he laughed in my face & shook his head in disbelief! haha....

Walk the dog three times a day usually out around 2 hours each day. theres one heavier woman who i can honestly say i have seen walking her dog twice in the last few years said im not giving my dog enough exercise cos i didnt let it off the lead to play with hers. Both her and her dog are extremely unfit looking .Unreal i was stunned

I love taking the dogs over the local golf course when it's raining I can wander round for a couple of hours and never see a sole , as most dog owner only seen to be out fifteen minutes when the weathers fine