Cocker Or Springer

Thinking of getting a spaniel to work cover for my lurchers, my mate has Coker and springer and is springer grafts harder but not as steady as the cocker, is this normal or a one off, which dog o ou think is best?

Guest foxpack

try get hold of a sprocker or even better a spaniel x terrier ,bit of both worlds,i personally like the cocker ,due to size and as said bit more steady .but i like the i,ll make my own way in ,attitiude of the springer ,but don,t like some of the sizes of the springers nowadays .if your just bushing hedges ,small bramble patches etc,you will not go wrong with spaniel x terrier or sprocker, :thumbs:

• Like 1

TBH with the amount of spaniel crosses been bred i would opt for one of them.I got my first springer 30 years ago and it was the best thing i did in getting a bushing dog to work for my lurchers but back then spaniel crosses were rare and the only choice i had was a terrier or spaniel the terriers i failed with were out of digging dogs and would not smash cover when the lurchers were about the springer i got took to it with no encouragement.

• Like 1