• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I'm no English language/literature expert but I've tried reading some of the topics on this forum and my advice to some would be learn to read and write and SPELL correctly,not everyone has dyslex

Said it time and time again the feckin parents and the morons fuuckin their lives up are to blame! Get a feckin education its free   Trust me if you have kids push them by all means but lead them f

Just been reading about a hair lol,ultimate test for a dog haha

But on threads like these,there is nothing worse than people correcting your spelling or grammar.

Especially when the person who.corrects you gets it wrong,by spelling grammer lol

For me, it ain't how a man writes,..it's what he writes....

Revealing an honest and genuine passion for the hunting game is far more important,.. than fine prose.... :thumbs:

and pictures Phil, you've got to have pictures :thumbs:

• Like 1

My point was not so much the people that struggle but why not tackle it??

Like I said my old man was 40 took himself to night classes and away he went.

Here's a question the ones who have been open enough to admit struggling sometimes. Would you push your kids to do better?

• Like 3

Much my lad does well at both but I still have put him in a reading and wrightin class twice a week.just so he stays one above the rest half hour reading before bed every night to mate.same with maths.

• Like 4

Much my lad does well at both but I still have put him in a reading and wrightin class twice a week.just so he stays one above the rest half hour reading before bed every night to mate.same with maths.

Reading with them and sharing the load of the story before bedtime is how I started mine off :thumbs:

I struggle with spelling & grammar & if it wasn't for my Ipad spell check I'd come across as pretty illiterate. For some I think it's just a kind of mental block, not just education.

I left school with a B grade in English literature & despite spending a life time reading all sorts, from contemporary to classic literature.......I would still struggle to recite the alphabet without faltering 3/4 of the way through haha.....

.....& it's not always about upbringing either, me & brother both had the same schooling & upbringing......he done a degree, then got a scholarship to do a masters at the London School of Economics, edited a magazine for years & now a freelance writer.........I left school & carried bricks.....haha....

I prefer to concentrate on the content on this forum.........It can be perfectly spelt, with good grammar, but still be bullshite ;-)

Anyway.....what's this got to do with lurchers???

Edited to say.....& a bad habit of missing out words.....:-)

I think you're right about the mental block thing. I'm very good with my english etc, but when it comes to maths I sort of blank off, and always have. As an example, and anyone who wants to mock please feel free lol, I've been around all sorts of running dogs pretty much all my life, but as soon as the 3/4 breds started to be mentioned I could not for the life of me work out how it worked out! I mean, how can a 1/2 bred collie/grey put back to a pure grey be a 3/4 bred?! To me it was 2/3rds greyhound! Lol Anyway, I now know :icon_redface::laugh::thumbs:

• Like 1

Not insulting anyone but just keep it simple, But someone in the house surely knows how to spell, you could ask them for help, I had a very good leaving cert 20 years ago, but the odd time I forget the odd spelling the wife is deadly.

who gives a f**k no point putting pepole down because they cant spell for all we know you could be the dirtiest cretton about but that doesint make it allright because you can spell and use grammer aslong as were you live is clean and youre clean and you can get by youre allright
  • Like 1

When I started on the internet forums I could not construct a sentence yet alone punctuate one. When I seen posts that were well constructed and spelt correctly, I wanted to be like them. My spelling is still bad but no where near as bad as it was, so I use a spell checker. I cannot understand any person who does not want to better themselves.

I don't really mind the spelling, but no punctuation and no matter how good the story is, I just hit the back button. It is so difficult to read that you lose the point of the writing anyway. There is one chap on here and every word starts with a capital letter I just find it impossible to read, so I don't.

Another factor is people will take a well constructed post more seriously than a rambling written as they speak.

TC

• Like 4

If someone is not good at spelling or punctuation it's not always their fault and as Phil L. said if they're trying to get a message across about something they're passionate about then fair play to them.

BUT, if there's one thing I hate (and I hate many things, LOL) it's text talk simply because it's used due to laziness.

• Like 4

But on threads like these,there is nothing worse than people correcting your spelling or grammar.

Especially when the person who.corrects you gets it wrong,by spelling grammer lol

Thats grammar Roy :D:whistling:

Cheers, D

• Like 1

A lot of people struggle, I had assumed most of the really hard to read ones were gypsies

why do you assume the hard ones to read were gypsies

No capital to start your sentence, and you haven't closed it with a question mark, seeing as it was a question you asked. Are you a gyppo?! Only messing fella, no harm meant lol. It's going to be a long summer! Lol :thumbs: