i must admite it iam as thick as f**k

i carnt write but its never stopped me working dogs

took me a hour to write this :cray::cray:

Having met you your far from thick,one of the best spoken people I've ever met..good job its just the spelling and such I initially wrote about because being from Cumbria my dialect is atrocious,no one can understand me at the best of times so writing and spelling is the easiest way of communication haha

• Like 2

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now I'm no English language/literature expert but I've tried reading some of the topics on this forum and my advice to some would be learn to read and write and SPELL correctly,not everyone has dyslex

Said it time and time again the feckin parents and the morons fuuckin their lives up are to blame! Get a feckin education its free   Trust me if you have kids push them by all means but lead them f

Just been reading about a hair lol,ultimate test for a dog haha

Was going to say fuji,

if the written English is hard enough to decipher, the accents will be impossible.

My accent is bad enough,especially when a few of us get together.

I bet yow dow spake like yow write do ya

• Like 1

A little bit of punctuation goes a long way. :thumbs:

That is my biggest gripe on here. I can tolerate incorrect spelling as I know how the words should be spelt, but when someone writes a post containing maybe 10 -15 sentences long with no punctuation, capitals etc, well, I now normally get to maybe the second sentence and mentally shut off! Lol

• Like 5

Having met you your far from thick,one of the best spoken people I've ever met..good job its just the spelling and such I initially wrote about because being from Cumbria my dialect is atrocious,no one can understand me at the best of times so writing and spelling is the easiest way of communication haha

:laugh: folk understand me alright but I'm not sure if it's because I'm so small or what but I sound like a squeaky dog toy apparently especially when I'm angry .!

In my head I don't sound like that, then you hear yourself on a video or whatever - move over Dolly Parton :icon_eek:

I hate the way I write and sometimes and wish I could put what I have seen down on a page better. When I read it back I can't convey in the written word as to what's in my head, I just can't .

I look at the way some people write on Thl and think they've real talent for it but in the same breath if someone has a good point or something I'm interested in I don't take no notice punctuation and grammar or bad spelling .

• Like 4

I hate the way I write and sometimes and wish I could put what I have seen down on a page better. When I read it back I can't convey in the written word as to what's in my head, I just can't .

I look at the way some people write on Thl and think they've real talent for it but in the same breath if someone has a good point or something I'm interested in I don't take no notice punctuation and grammar or bad spelling .

Yeah you have a point there, but some of whin's posts, just one off the top of my head, were f***ing belters! Lol :thumbs:

• Like 1

Yeah you have a point there, but some of whin's posts, just one off the top of my head, were f***ing belters! Lol :thumbs:
what I find more confusing is when you read someone's posts and one day they're good the next it's like they've had a stroke !
  • Like 1

I miss Whin :yes:

• Like 1

I get that a lot with being from cumbria. People always look confussed when trying to explain things for instance away owa yonder aback ov yon styan. It gets worse when im around farmers or with my grandad my girlfriend thinks we just make up words as we go on she cant understand me a lot of the time. My spellings pretty rubbish i have to rewrite things a couple times before i get them right.

• Like 1

This would have made at least 10 pages in the general section...

Those who can read and write well should have no problems working posts out, most arent that bad. If a lad wants to write like he`s just tipped a bag of scrabble letters out, does it really spoil your porridge in the mornings?

Its the Goidelc I struggle with. :tongue2:

• Like 2

I miss Whin :yes:

Aye, trying to decipher his posts was a tad challenging! Lol

This would have made at least 10 pages in the general section...

Those who can read and write well should have no problems working posts out, most arent that bad. If a lad wants to write like he`s just tipped a bag of scrabble letters out, does it really spoil your porridge in the mornings?

Its the Goidelc I struggle with. :tongue2:

Surely you mean Goidelic
  • Like 1

I struggle with spelling & grammar & if it wasn't for my Ipad spell check I'd come across as pretty illiterate. For some I think it's just a kind of mental block, not just education.

I left school with a B grade in English literature & despite spending a life time reading all sorts, from contemporary to classic literature.......I would still struggle to recite the alphabet without faltering 3/4 of the way through haha.....

.....& it's not always about upbringing either, me & brother both had the same schooling & upbringing......he done a degree, then got a scholarship to do a masters at the London School of Economics, edited a magazine for years & now a freelance writer.........I left school & carried bricks.....haha....

I prefer to concentrate on the content on this forum.........It can be perfectly spelt, with good grammar, but still be bullshite ;-)

Anyway.....what's this got to do with lurchers???

Edited to say.....& a bad habit of missing out words.....:-)

Edited by Accip74
  • Like 1