Desperate To Get Them Catching Rabbit

Hi Dan...

Whippets, realy are deadly around bushes and hedgerows,..they are literally,... made for the job...

Can you not hook up with a lad who keeps a bushing dog of some type ?

Once your dogs twig onto the game, you will have sport like you cannot believe..

Let the dogs hunt free.... :thumbs:

All the best, Phil.

Edited by Phil Lloyd
  • Like 5

Am out most days with a busher and maybe catch 8 a week .more if its mixi..can be very frustrating at times but we always get a few good runs.dogs learning to mark.following scent est.keeps them fit for the season ahead.soon be adding a pair of ferrits to the team soon witch should add more to the bag.

If you allow the dogs to run loose then they'll stand a much better chance of catching, even so, day time rabbits are seldom far from home, and I'd imagine that you've managed to educate these particular bunnies quite well by now only slipping your dogs. Given time and practice your dogs may manage to catch them by the sneak and creep technique, but it may take them longer to learn how to hunt if they've never had the opportunity to learn whilst very young.

lovely dogs keep at them pal

that black and white a gem whats cross or are they pure whippet

They are both Whippet x Collie (mother was pedigree, father was the cross). I took them out this afternoon and walked along the hedgerows, one big problem is there is a railway line which lines parallel to the field and rabbits tend to run over the tracks. Anyway, I decided to walk along the hedge and train track, one rabbit did bolt - Fin nearly caught it before it got in to a bush so I'll try that tactic going forward. I'm also planning on getting out late/really early over the weekend and see what happens then. Fingers crossed!