Championship Terrier Judge's

The working terrier world was today thrown further into turmoil as it came to light that a prominent Championship show Judge has been alleged to have displayed a high degree of independence and awarded Best in Show to a dog handled and owned by a "non-face" exhibitor (a ‘Sunday afternooner’).

It is also alleged that the dog or it’s breeding had not been prominently advertised in the CMW, EDRD or owned by any one of the pre-eminent working terrier show breeders - it is affirmed that the dog is indeed a much respected grafter and only 'part-time' show dog.

The Judge, who cannot be named, said he will strongly defend these scurrilous charges and has appointed Mr Clutz from Legal, Eagle and Beagles Ltd to defend the matter.

In a statement to the media, Mr Clutz said that he thought that although the Judge had been a little indiscreet in his actions the defense would rely heavily on a technicality within the rules of dog showing; that being the interpretation that the best working dog exhibited on the day should indeed win.

The statement by Mr Clutz caused a flurry of activity within the ranks of the show terrier group as they went through all old records and statute books to find if such a rule had ever existed.

In a statement for the working terrier body, a Very Important person who may also be a member of a board said that the role of a judge is to uphold the traditions of dog showing and not allow such basic and indiscriminate errors to occur.

The matter would not be heard under the internal rules of any working terrier show body but would be referred to the highest and most expensive court available. It is believed that the case could be settled within two years and costs should be no more than £250,000.

The swift action taken against this renegade Judge should prove to exhibitors that despite the attempts of a few rabble rousers and dissidents within the ranks of Working terrier group Championship Show judges all was well and that they should not concern themselves.

The Very Important person speaking on behalf of the Working Terrier show group affirmed that shows will continue as normal and any more of these non-conformist Judges in the future will find themselves facing similar charges.

More news as it becomes available.......

Jack, are you referring to a Russell shown last weekend?

:11: I'm not referring to anything :11:

you can interpret it as you like...... :good:

:11: :11: :11: :11: :11: :11: :11: :11:

If it's what I think, then the judge was questioned as to why he never made-up the Border; he replied that the Russell was clearly a worker and it was, ultimately, a working terrier show. It really put noses out of joint though...good call I thought.

:good:

Jack, are you referring to a Russell shown last weekend?

:11: I'm not referring to anything :11:

you can interpret it as you like...... :good:

:11: :11: :11: :11: :11: :11: :11: :11:

If it's what I think, then the judge was questioned as to why he never made-up the Border; he replied that the Russell was clearly a worker and it was, ultimately, a working terrier show. It really put noses out of joint though...good call I thought.

:good:

:11:

Guest Fell & Moorland WTC SW area

This is the way it should be Jack. I have seen prick Ear, long, undershot Dogs with obvious signs of a good amount of work behind them, win Shows. How come? well because I have put them up!

People have said to me it is a Show, and cosmetic appearance is what a Show is. I agree, to a certain extent, but I am of the opinion I am looking at what I would want to take Home with me, not what would look nice on my Yard. If I can have both looks and graft in a Dog BRILLIANT, if not, then Graft is what I want and need. I must admit though that I do swing a little towards coloured Dogs..... :angel:

I have said it many times, the organisers are required to select Judges who are prepared to put up the workers again, no matter what the Names think or say. The Judges are also required to be prepared to ruffle Feathers. I am not saying ugly Dogs are workers, and the well put together ones are not, but just that 'working Terrier' Shows are just that for 'WORKING Terriers. Not for the guys who have put something in an artificial to get a few war wounds, to make them credible.

It is down to the guys who genuinely work their Dogs to stay on the right Path. I wish I could get the Champions of these Shows to come out with me, dig what they want as many as they want. I wonder how many would come?? I have 1,000's of Acres to cover and the Farmers are obliging. I have offered known Names in the past, but who has come?......no facker!