Sub 12Ft Lb/ 100 Yrds

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wouldn't worry about energy left of pellet drop, the smallest gust of wind will put you several feet off target!

I read somewhere all it takes is 1ft lb to kill a rabbit IF you hit the spot. ?..that's the challenge tho ...plenty of lads shoot 100yrd kill zone targets easily it's all down to your abilities I gues

More fuel for the fire?? Good old thl argument!   You heard it everyone kanny said its OK to shoot rabbits at 100 yards+ !!

Bloody hell! The OP asked a simple question about the power left at 100 yards, he stated he didn't want to shoot at that range, just wanted to know! Why are some of you lot treating him like a leper? It's not like he's one of the numpties who come on here and say they've shot a woodpigeon off their birdtable because they know sweet FA about the GL is it? FFS!!!

Because the information is on Google! Anyone who has an Air gun down loads Hawke ChairGun or similar. And I usual find the "can I shoot/kill a Fox/Rabbit with a Peashooter/Air Pistol or at 1000 yards" to have tried or will attempt to try to do so! Just my opinion and what I make of "these" type of questions, many of which I have come across during my 40 years as a shooter!

"As for googling for the answer, well not everyone is any good with a computer, I have to rely on my missis or do things the old fashioned way".

Anyone using this site is on a smart phone/laptop/PC/tablet or internet enabled device and will have enough knowledge or help to use Google/www./find a web page or, how did they find this site in the first place/complete the application process/become a member/post a reply to a topic? A question as to "what is the limit of my rim fire/air rifle/ammunition/skill" to me spells a wish to "use" that said equipment to, or outside of its limits. My own rifle setup/ammunition has the "retained" ft-lbs to kill a Rabbit at 1500 yards, if I posted as to the energy of my equipment at 1500 plus yards, I would expect many more "why" answers that the actual answer.

Ironic though that we would decry someone for wondering if a pellet would kill a rabbit at well over the normal range but we'll praise a sniper for killing a man at further than the recognised range of his sniper rifle. Room for thought there?

Is it because the sniper was trying to defend his comrades from people trying to kill them and the worst a rabbit could do is eat a bit more grass?

Bloody hell! The OP asked a simple question about the power left at 100 yards, he stated he didn't want to shoot at that range, just wanted to know! Why are some of you lot treating him like a leper? It's not like he's one of the numpties who come on here and say they've shot a woodpigeon off their birdtable because they know sweet FA about the GL is it? FFS!!!

Thank you so much !