Help With Zeroing Problem

Nip down the gunsmiths and get a set of higher rings. That 8x56 Docter is a scope worth keeping.

:laugh: How much higher would you suggest?

...and what if he wanted to push the zero out a bit further?

:thumbs:

It seems to me his problem is he cant make the reticule cross coincide with the point if impact.

The reticule is too low.

Higher rings would solve the problem. It doesn't sound like he's going to be shooting ultra long distances with an 8x scope. There's nothing in his text which has suggested that's what he wants to do This happened to me in the past and I solved it by getting higher rings.

Nip down the gunsmiths and get a set of higher rings. That 8x56 Docter is a scope worth keeping.

It seems to me his problem is he cant make the reticule cross coincide with the point if impact.

The reticule is too low.

Higher rings would solve the problem. It doesn't sound like he's going to be shooting ultra long distances with an 8x scope. There's nothing in his text which has suggested that's what he wants to do This happened to me in the past and I solved it by getting higher rings.

Something is getting lost in translation here, higher rings/mounts will move the POI a few mm, and DOWN.

What on earth gun/ammo were you using at what range, when you run out of scope adjustment and higher rings solved the problem?

Edited by Deker

The reticule is too low.

Something is getting lost in translation here, higher rings/mounts will move the POI a few mm, and DOWN.

What on earth gun/ammo were you using at what range, when you run out of scope adjustment and higher rings solved the problem?

He says he's an 'inch low maxed out'. I read that to mean the cross hairs are an inch lower than his POI. Obviously if its the other way round, getting higher rings wont help.

The reticule is too low.

He says he's an 'inch low maxed out'. I read that to mean the cross hairs are an inch lower than his POI. Obviously if its the other way round, getting higher rings wont help.

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

I need a bit of aadvice as I'm relatively new to owning rifles ,I was zeroing my rifle today and I'm an inch off the height I want it set at and no more click left on the scope ,what should I do

He says he is an inch off the height I want it set at and no more click left on the scope.

My thoughts revolve around the scope being fubared or he is attempting to shoot too long, whichever, I'm struggling to see higher mounts as any sort of an answer.

If anything he needs to shim the rear ring (a terrible practice), but questions have been asked of the OP which he has not replied to, so who knows!

Edited by Deker

If he wants to shoot out to silly paper ranges hell need a better scope anyway .sounds like scopes f****d to me .

what did you take from my post that led you to think the scope is goosed ? And I was zeroing the scope at 100mtrs not silly paper targets also the scopes mag is perfect for what I want it for

If he wants to shoot out to silly paper ranges hell need a better scope anyway .sounds like scopes f****d to me .

what did you take from my post that led you to think the scope is goosed ? And I was zeroing the scope at 100mtrs not silly paper targets also the scopes mag is perfect for what I want it for

What on earth is this gun/scope that you need to shim it to reach 100yards?

Edited by Deker
  • Like 2

Mate you or the gun are obviously not wired up right .Do you think we ve never shot a rifle . Even a cheap airgun scope will zero at 100 yds with a centrefire ,whether it holds is another matter .Sort yourslf out ffs .