How To Decide?

How on earth do I decide on what dog to go for?

I love my shooting/beating and am in the position later this year to get my first gundog.

Initially i loved flatcoat retrievers (worked with a breeder of them for many years) but since being out beating Ive got a soft spot for cockers, and think they would maybe be a better breed for me to work as i enjoy the beating side more, but said dog could be trained to pick up?

so what breeds would you reccomend? I like that many (not even listed those) Im struggling to make my mind up!!

Its down to personnel preference, job your wanting them to do, and experience in training different breeds however if this your first gundog then this will not apply.

I would say go for a cocker as you obviously have some liking to them, there good beaters dogs. But as with any dog, if you train them right they should do what you want them to do, in this case work there arses off for you, and if you want them to sit next to you and pick up something that comes down they will.

Good luck and enjoy the dog