We've dug up some stuff in our garden and now we have an area approx 15ft x 8ft to sow grass seed. How do you know what sort of grass to get?

Mine isn't as smooth as an an ornamental lawn, but isn't as rough as a meadow, if that makes sense. I want to make sure I don't have a patch of grass that's different right in the middle of my lawn.

Here's a pic for what it's worth.

20150528_170129.jpg

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Turn it over and plant veg. You know it makes sense.   TC

Forget the rest the best grass seed to use comes from Amsterdam just think you won't have to dump the clippings lol

If matching the grass is a issue for you, spray the whole lot off, rotarvat, de stone & re seed. If not, I'd guess at it being a fairly standard amenity type grass, prep & seed the bare patc

Posted Images

There are 1001 types of grass you can put down but standard with or without rye is the usual. If it's gonna get heavy traffic get it with rye, its tougher. If not, without. To keep things balanced up it would be well worth spiking your esablished bit, giving it a top dressing and a sprinkling with the seed your using for the bare bit.

Dont be tempted to overdo the seed on the new bit. Follow internet, book or packet instructions. Grass needs time to thicken and you can go over any small bare patches later.

Keep it all well watered over the coming weeks and try to stay off it!

Just remember, the best thing you can do for any established lawn is mow it, regular. So many people think they need a new lawn when all they need is to get off their arse and cut it...!!

;)

There are 1001 types of grass you can put down but standard with or without rye is the usual. If it's gonna get heavy traffic get it with rye, its tougher. If not, without. To keep things balanced up it would be well worth spiking your esablished bit, giving it a top dressing and a sprinkling with the seed your using for the bare bit.

Dont be tempted to overdo the seed on the new bit. Follow internet, book or packet instructions. Grass needs time to thicken and you can go over any small bare patches later.

Keep it all well watered over the coming weeks and try to stay off it!

;)

Look at you go. All Charlie dimmock :laugh:

Do you wear a Bra. Or are you all naturel