She Can't Have Pups

Bit gutted, my bitch has an inverted vulva which I've always hoped would sort itself out after a few seasons maybe but after taking her to vet today to have it checked out as I was thinking of taking a pup from her soon. She said she might not give birth properly and might have to have a cesarean. Which I'm not happy about doing so im gonna get her spayed. She was telling me I should do it sooner rather than later would you get a bitch spayed at her age nearly 4 or wait abit longer? Or does it not matter really?

• 1 month later...

Best to wait until she is mid way between seasons, that way all her hormones have settled down. Not a good idea to get a bitch spayed just after her season due to hormone levels right up. Wait for 3-4 months if she is a 6 monthly bitch. There are 3 phases to a bitch's reproductive cycle: anoestrus: which is between seasons. Oestrus in when she is in season, and metoestrus is the time after the season when pregnancy hormones are up. It usually lasts for 3 months after the season.