Lurcher X Spaniel

Mines also very good in the house....nice and laid back. Don't get me wrong though when you stroke her you feel the energy bustling away in her.

I've never bred my own lurcher, always preferring to buy in, but I often wonder what I would put over her (not that I have plans to). I think what you'd gain in one hand you might lose in the other. ...who knows. A while after I got my pup I saw an advert for saluki/greyhound x sprocker.......I would have liked to have seen how these turned out...build wise.

Edited by wuyang

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone else working this cross? I'm ratching about with a young bitch a friend of mine owns,keen as mustard,great hunter a little over enthusiastic for the first part of her hunting education on each

Few more pics. She's just had her first season .        

Here's the bitch I mentioned my pal took on fair play too him he made an excellent lurched of her

From the angle of that picture it almost looks like a pointer type.

I wonder what the Brittany spaniel could bring into the mix,because a mate of mine liked them over the other spaniels because of their natural pointing and holding the mark abilities for working with the Birds of Prey etc etc..

I know the good old springer is the obvious choice,but in all my years Ive yet to see a laid back springer. . . I prefer the Cocker's personality .. lol.

certainly makes you ponder the possibilities of maybe that dog of Wuyang's bred back to a small collie based grew type. . . I would imagine they would be very handy types for the moocher of bunnies.

Brittany cross, nuttier than squirrel shit and impossible to live with.

IMAG0553-1.jpg

IMAG0554-1.jpg

IMAG0671-1.jpg

• Like 3

Very bonny bitch that rich ...

For sure Duke mate if I had intended too keep one long term would of been it my mate snapped her up even in litter as a pup she stood out right attitude n shape

Edited by arcticgun

Shame that wasn't it Gripper. Lovely thing to look at, and such strong legs and feet. Sadly some dogs are just born with crossed wires.

It was a shame but she really was nuts. Even my missus and kid were relieved when I rehomed her. She had her uses in the field and I can definitely see the pro's of a spaniel cross but with a steadier dog used maybe.

Might be coincidence, but some of the best hunt up dogs I've worked have all been food mad scrounging dogs, little bitch I've got now is just the same..... I have to watch her some of the rank stuff she'll find and eat. It was the thing that probably killed my little bushing collie bitch years ago....vet said it was probably some poison that killed her.

Might be coincidence, but some of the best hunt up dogs I've worked have all been food mad scrounging dogs, little bitch I've got now is just the same..... I have to watch her some of the rank stuff she'll find and eat. It was the thing that probably killed my little bushing collie bitch years ago....vet said it was probably some poison that killed her.

i had a staff who was food mad ,would get in the freezer and eat frozen pizzas etc,ate poison twice but pulled through.

he hunted like a hound,caught a couple of fox and roe in the day time in thick cover but would more often find some rotting animal 2 miles away and tuck in.

• Like 2