• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My deerhound just over 2 years

my old pure ardkinglass deerhound 33 years ago,

Sadie, 1st cross, deerhound dog and greyhound bitch, 29 inches of muscle and guts.

Posted Images

I have a 3/4 deer hound cross greyhound who is I think doxhope breed she is 18 month old and has seen absolutely nothing work wise, I have just given her time to be a pup and let her bones slowly mature. She is the 1st I have ever owned of this breed, and all I can say so far she has been a delight to look after very kind natured animal.

One thing that I have always found with Deerhound hybrids (alongside their obvious beauty) is their kind hearted nature and gentle disposition :yes:

Copy%20of%20photo%2038-%20Lucy%20and%20R

Yes..not a fault being human orientated and possess good temperament..

One thing that I have always found with Deerhound hybrids (alongside their obvious beauty) is their kind hearted nature and gentle disposition :yes:

Copy%20of%20photo%2038-%20Lucy%20and%20R

I do like the look of the hound on the right Phil, have you any other photo's of them?

love the deerhound crosses like the type in phils picture. There used to be loads about and some very useful animals on everthing including fox. I admire the pure but they come too big to be practical on there own,but nevertheless valuable for breeding the blood back in to lurchers.

my old pure ardkinglass deerhound 33 years ago,

deerhound.jpg

now that is a stunning animal !!! What was his performance in the field like ??

he was ok when he was young, it surprising but those big dogs can pick rabbits up once they learn, he caught a fare few rabbits and hares,