ok lads i have been hunting for sometime now and i here these younger men saying that hare is a duffer is it that when a dog takes 4 mins to get the job done its a real hard hare or is it the dog has not got the skill to get it done quick ? it seems to be when a dog gos in and gets it over in seconds the hare is a duffer ? some one help . my dogs are killing nothing but duffers . were do i fine one of these great hares ??????? .

No one can really say there duffers a catch is a catch to many things to take into account why they get caught quicker then others . Just i prefer to see my dog tested on a long run no one can control how long each will be just like to see what my dog can do when pushed harder. Is it a good hare or a bad hare imo all i care is its a good run and dogs had to earn the right to catch the hare...

• Like 1

ok lads i have been hunting for sometime now and i here these younger men saying that hare is a duffer is it that when a dog takes 4 mins to get the job done its a real hard hare or is it the dog has not got the skill to get it done quick ? it seems to be when a dog gos in and gets it over in seconds the hare is a duffer ? some one help . my dogs are killing nothing but duffers . were do i fine one of these great hares ??????? .

ask the people you heard say it.
  • Like 1

all them years of hunting and you don't no were to find good hares lol and it sound like your saying there rubbish and no match for your dogs, were are you running in your back garden?

• Like 1

all them years of hunting and you don't no were to find good hares lol and it sound like your saying there rubbish and no match for your dogs, were are you running in your back garden?

bring ur dog and see . you cant ask any more than that big lad

and killed plenty in your back garden

Wait until winter,they might get better!!

No one can really say there duffers a catch is a catch to many things to take into account why they get caught quicker then others . Just i prefer to see my dog tested on a long run no one can control how long each will be just like to see what my dog can do when pushed harder. Is it a good hare or a bad hare imo all i care is its a good run and dogs had to earn the right to catch the hare...

same i also like seeing the dog being worked to the max having to push its self . all you here it took 3 or 4 mins to kill, thats a good hare. or is the dog a duffer then lo

only a fool would say that

same i also like seeing the dog being worked to the max having to push its self . all you here it took 3 or 4 mins to kill, thats a good hare. or is the dog a duffer then lo
Some hares just wont be killed fast regardless of whats behind them. This is what alot of coursing men look for. I not saying others are duffers as all hares have natural running ability. Mine will kill em quick but if the hare stays so can my dog. Supose if your in it for numbers quick and on to next is great but if like me you like the course prefer and to watch both fine specimnes run then 2/3+ minute runs is gonna be what you want.

only a fool would say that

or react to it.

i say fairplay if your dogs catctching day time ones , given proper law ect. Ect. Just out of curiosity, what x or breed are you running ?

i say fairplay if your dogs catctching day time ones , given proper law ect. Ect. Just out of curiosity, what x or breed are you running ?
as it been given proper law though I like to see it running not sittin in seat till dog gets there