Here Is Your Best Chance To Do Something About Getting The Hunting Ban Repealed

Here's the reply from Caroline spelman (con, Meriden)...... My folks constituency!

Thank you for your recent email. The Prime Minister has said that he will give Parliament the opportunity to repeal the Hunting Act on a free vote, with a government bill in government time. This means all MPs will have the opportunity to decide whether or not it should be repealed. However, as you will be aware, no bill has been introduced in the Queen’s Speech for this Parliamentary session.

I was a Member of Parliament at the time the Hunting Act came into force. I did not support the full ban then but a compromise position taking into account the views expressed to me then from across my constituency which is semi-rural. I do appreciate this is an issue people feel strongly about on both sides of the argument and I have to weigh this up. I want to see exactly what the Government proposal is and will be mindful of the views of my constituents who have differing opinions on hunting. I appreciate this may not be what you wanted to hear but thank you for taking the trouble to contact me and letting me know your views on this particular issue.

Yours sincerely,

Caroline

• Like 2

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Countryside Alliance has launched a new e-lobby as part of its campaign for repeal of the Hunting Act 2004. Take part here and share widely. Members and supporters are encouraged to take part in t

I sent this reply....     Thank you for your reply sir, could I ask you, on what grounds have you made your decision on, im curious as to your expertise in this field, an how you've came to your de

Around the time of the ban, there was a country fair for city kids staged at Staunton Country Park to the north of Portsmouth and my wife and I took along the four and five year old kids we were teach

Posted Images

This is email to send replies to

political@countryside-alliance.org

Nice one, I knew I had to send the reply somewhere..

Thank you very much for taking the time to write to me.

Rest assured that I fully support the Hunting Act and see it as vital to protect animal welfare. As you know, this is not an issue that the Government has a formal position on – the repeal of the Hunting Act is not Conservative policy – the debate is being held to allow those who wish to repeal the Act to air their views, however there would be a free vote. I will argue in favour of keeping the Hunting Act, and am confident that the Act will be upheld.

I hope that this information reassures you and thank you again for taking the time to write to me.

Kind regards Caroline Dinenage MP Gosport

• Like 1

She is married to Mark Lancaster MP for Milton Keynes both nose well and truly in the expenses trough maximum claims at every opportunity, sticks the boot into those struggling with illness and disabilities also voted for the £9,000 student tuition fees but didnt support legislation to stop tax avoidence and evasion , basically has own company and is a scum bag

Edited by desertbred
  • Like 3

She is married to Mark Lancaster MP for Milton Keynes both nose well and truly in the expenses trough maximum claims at every opportunity, sticks the boot into those struggling with illness and disabilities also voted for the £9,000 student tuition fees but didnt support legislation to stop tax avoidence and evasion , basically has own company and is a scum bag

He's my MP and he also "favours the status quo". Most of the constituency is rural and agricultural (believe it or not !). A lot of it is home to the Oakley Hunt and we also have the North Bucks Beagles, but when i contacted him, his reply echoed that of his Mrs !

The man is a wanker as far as I'm concerned, and I'm going to enjoy getting on his nerves !

Edited by Blackbriar
  • Like 3

Who, bitch face Carolina drainage?, It dont make any difference, nothing surprises these days... They`re all pirates.

• Like 1

Dear Christy

Thank you for indicating your view on the Hunting Act. I have received the same representations from some others as well as the messages from other constituents against repeal.

While I note the views which constituents convey to me, I obviously cannot agree with them all. On this matter, I have to share with you that I would be opposing any moves in the House of Commons to repeal the Act.

Yours Sincerely

Mark Durkan MP

This was my MP response, a month after I sent the email, in not very happy.

I sent this reply....

Thank you for your reply sir, could I ask you, on what grounds have you made your decision on, im curious as to your expertise in this field, an how you've came to your decision, this is a very important issue for the people of Britain, they've lost their lively hood an jobs, because people with no clue of countryside management, or animal welfare, with bigoted an hypocritical views, i am very upset now that I cast my vote for you, saying your against hunting, I seek a quick response to this email please, and, or I seek to have a meeting with you to discuss your decision, kind regards

• Like 7