Need Help Worming New Pup

Alrite guys I'm picking up my 1st lurcher pup on Friday and need help on witch the best wormer he's 6 weeks old. I will ask the vet when I take him there but I'm just trying to get a head start on things . One last thing do you think it would be okay to take him to my mates land before he get his jabs it's just a 4 a ache plot bit of wood land he lives on in a caravan .there's only one other dog there an he's had all his jabs and doesn't really leave the land cheers guys any help would be much appreciated. Corey

As above keep him at home till he has had injections, and i use Panacur 10% liquid for my pup as im led to believe this kills another variety of worm to drontal..???...when youg i just syringed straight down throat then when she was a bit bigger i just mixed it up in some scrambled egg.

Remember when he is young to worm him regular.

Good Luck

Rich

Edited by Richp

When there pups it should be every 6 weeks with wormer. And i think you have to leave them till there 10 weeks old before the 1st jab. You must have a reason for it but i would have though 6 weeks is a bit young to take away from the bitch i might be wrong just my opinion

• Like 1

vet told me pups every 2 week till there 8 weeks then every 4 week till there 6 month then a just do every 3 month ,a will never take a pup out of a litter at 6 weeks coz its the time when the shud be playing and learning all them skills with the litter, 2 weeks is a long time for pups to get strong ,play fighting ect ,you will get a much better pup by leaving it 2 more weeks ,then you can go take it at 8 week and get its first jab and only have to wait till its had its second jab at 12week then 13 weeks be time for walks ,hope you see the light atb

• Like 1

vet told me pups every 2 week till there 8 weeks then every 4 week till there 6 month then a just do every 3 month ,a will never take a pup out of a litter at 6 weeks coz its the time when the shud be playing and learning all them skills with the litter, 2 weeks is a long time for pups to get strong ,play fighting ect ,you will get a much better pup by leaving it 2 more weeks ,then you can go take it at 8 week and get its first jab and only have to wait till its had its second jab at 12week then 13 weeks be time for walks ,hope you see the light atb

Jabs are 2 weeks apart not 4 at my vets

There's no light to see mate its the only time I can I pick him up its a 3 hour drive and I don't drive so the missus is takeing me it's the only time I can get him my mam found a collie x at 3/4 weeks old kept him and 9 years on and he's a perfect dog but thanks for the advice atb. Corey