Salukis

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

got one right here killed a lot of hares with him he's 10 yrs old now, pure bred kc registered and working line bred with a long pedigree of coursing/import stock saluki bred from imports and coursing

To get this back on topic here are a couple of pictures of smoothed and feathered Saluki's, all bred by Paul Sagar. Saw them run many times and still see the back n tan smooth run (second photo) and w

middle east sal or salx?

Posted Images

theres not only greys been sold to Arabs they have also bought coursing dog stock from UK as well, in a competitive world men will always seek faster better stamina confirmation etc

Maybe hunting bans in coo country's and the continuous wars have left their stock weakend or maybe it's the move towards racing them on tracks or after gazelle Dropped or attached to jeeps etc could also just be mans natural desire too try too improve his creations lol

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 1

theres not only greys been sold to Arabs they have also bought coursing dog stock from UK as well, in a competitive world men will always seek faster better stamina confirmation etc

Maybe hunting bans in coo country's and the continuous wars have left their stock weakend or maybe it's the move towards racing them on tracks or after gazelle Dropped or attached to jeeps etc could also just be mans natural desire too try too improve his creations lol

rich its all about the $ big big money on the races in quatar and dubai very wealthy young arabs with money to burn ,im not giving you the bollox i know one man he has at least 80 dogs they are just toys !!.

• Like 2

I was looking at some Salukis on youtube in the middle east racing. They were very impressive but what struck me (knowing nothing about them) was they all looked very short haired and non of the feathering you usually see. Is that because they shave them because of heat or are they a different strain? I think some were pure and some had Greyhound in.

becouse most are sal crosses from syria

Do you mean greyhound crosses?

yes

some arabs inport greys from ireland for breeding

Not a dig, but why are they importing greyhounds to breed to their salukis if the salukis are already fast enough? Doesn't make sense to me.

the y dont give a shit about salukis they want dogs that win , ,the best proper job sals are kept by the mega wealthy and they dont sell them !!,

rich its all about the $ big big money on the races in quatar and dubai very wealthy young arabs with money to burn ,im not giving you the bollox i know one man he has at least 80 dogs they are just toys !!.

I was looking at some Salukis on youtube in the middle east racing. They were very impressive but what struck me (knowing nothing about them) was they all looked very short haired and non of the feathering you usually see. Is that because they shave them because of heat or are they a different strain? I think some were pure and some had Greyhound in.

yes

Not a dig, but why are they importing greyhounds to breed to their salukis if the salukis are already fast enough? Doesn't make sense to me.

the y dont give a shit about salukis they want dogs that win , ,the best proper job sals are kept by the mega wealthy and they dont sell them !!,

The way of the world I suppose. Personally not a saluki fan, but do you saluki guys over here think that what they're doing over there is a pretty sad affair, and how do you think it'll affect future beeding, imports etc for the guys in this country?

Edited by shaaark

yes

The way of the world I suppose. Personally not a saluki fan, but do you saluki guys over here think that what they're doing over there is a pretty sad affair, and how do you think it'll affect future beeding, imports etc for the guys in this country?

its all about money if you want good stuff proper stuff you have to put your hand in your pocket , i can buy one tomorrow some of the very best blood available in the west 2500 euro , i know the woman who has a litter she knows me i might be lucky and get one for 2000 euro i dont want i have what i want , and remember sometimes money just wont buy ,if the person with pups dont take to you for whatever reason you aint having one simple ,, .ive said this for years now the golden rule is .you must do your homework when looking for stock and then there is no guarantee ,, there is more shite in the middle east than there is here in the u/k thats for sure its risk!!.

• Like 3

I don't mind off of proper men. Be a pleasure to meet some of the men and there dogs

theres a man i totally respect in the coursing game . Said your bitch in his opinion . The best bitch out there . This man knows his onions .

yes

I personally dont like too see multiple hounds released on quarry even if they have no chance of killing it but like Rio says they just wealthy young arab playboys with money and time too burn, there's very little left too hunt in their home lands as they have Killed just about everything off with dog gun falcon over the years, harsh penalties and lack of quarry to hunt is always going too impact on future generations of the dogs they breed the same men race peregrines after racing pigeons with prizes of 1 million lol

There will always be exceptions people who keep the hounds for the original intended purpose hunting and coursing they the ones you want to buy stock from again like Rio says money will not guarantee you nothing a lot comes down too what the man does with the dog as well

Edited by arcticgun
  • Like 1

I don't mind off of proper men. Be a pleasure to meet some of the men and there dogs

theres a man i totally respect in the coursing game . Said your bitch in his opinion . The best bitch out there . This man knows his onions .
thank you I find it embarrassing talking about my own dog. I just let men watch her run and they judge for them selfs
  • Like 5

thank you I find it embarrassing talking about my own dog. I just let men watch her run and they judge for them selfs
she's been there for the past 3 or 4 years for all to see ?
  • Like 1

yes

I know for a fact an arab prince with some fancy sounding name asked for a genuine first cross greyhound/whippet,he paid a fair price for the dog and carriage,it took a few months to sort out but a dog was finally sent out.

What he intended to do with it we never asked or became aware..

The word on the street is the bitch is the real deal and if I owned her I'd not be embarrassed talking about her lol,you've put the gear in front of her and made her what she is so fair play..all this arguing over matches etc is the very reason I've never been attracted to this side of the game..anyhow each to their own and all that..if your dog keeps you happy then all well & good,if you don't or can't take a beating then matching ain't for you lol..I'd love a day out with some of these top dogs with my dog,just to see how he compares but I'm not sure I could withstand being the laughing stock of the hunting fraternity haha..maybe better to walk alone that way no one other than me can call the dog crap when it doesn't cut the mustard..cheer up lads and don't be stressing out about matching and who's got the best dog..well not in May anyways lol

• Like 1

The word on the street is the bitch is the real deal and if I owned her I'd not be embarrassed talking about her lol,you've put the gear in front of her and made her what she is so fair play..all this arguing over matches etc is the very reason I've never been attracted to this side of the game..anyhow each to their own and all that..if your dog keeps you happy then all well & good,if you don't or can't take a beating then matching ain't for you lol..I'd love a day out with some of these top dogs with my dog,just to see how he compares but I'm not sure I could withstand being the laughing stock of the hunting fraternity haha..maybe better to walk alone that way no one other than me can call the dog crap when it doesn't cut the mustard..cheer up lads and don't be stressing out about matching and who's got the best dog..well not in May anyways lol

you come back to sniff for an invite Fuji? :thumbs:

• Like 1