Salukis

I was looking at some Salukis on youtube in the middle east racing. They were very impressive but what struck me (knowing nothing about them) was they all looked very short haired and non of the feathering you usually see. Is that because they shave them because of heat or are they a different strain? I think some were pure and some had Greyhound in.

Edited by jeemes
  • Like 1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

got one right here killed a lot of hares with him he's 10 yrs old now, pure bred kc registered and working line bred with a long pedigree of coursing/import stock saluki bred from imports and coursing

To get this back on topic here are a couple of pictures of smoothed and feathered Saluki's, all bred by Paul Sagar. Saw them run many times and still see the back n tan smooth run (second photo) and w

middle east sal or salx?

Posted Images

Think even the pures come smooth and feathered and wooly, I'm sure some daywalker will correct me tho

Lol daywalker. I don't know too much about pures, but I'm only aware of smooth and feathered. Think the woolly ones :bad:, are the ones over here that have beddy, norfolk etc in their breeding

• Like 1

I was looking at some Salukis on youtube in the middle east racing. They were very impressive but what struck me (knowing nothing about them) was they all looked very short haired and non of the feathering you usually see. Is that because they shave them because of heat or are they a different strain? I think some were pure and some had Greyhound in.

becouse most are sal crosses from syria

got one right here killed a lot of hares with him he's 10 yrs old now, pure bred kc registered and working line bred with a long pedigree of coursing/import stock saluki bred from imports and coursing dogs bred by paul sagar off sir terence clarks stuff and rosemary lewis stuff,,, tepe gawra x knitellington not many of these about

post-5042-0-09821700-1432044339_thumb.jpg

• Like 18

got one right here killed a lot of hares with him he's 10 yrs old now, pure bred kc registered and working line bred with a long pedigree of coursing/import stock saluki bred from imports and coursing dogs bred by paul sagar off sir terence clarks stuff and rosemary lewis stuff,,, tepe gawra x knitellington not many of these about

IMG_1096.jpg

Hes a cracker really strong looking sort, got 1 here myself that similar bred she out nero x a knightellington bitch, fingers crossed she be more than capable of bending a few

• Like 3

attachicon.gifIMG_1096.jpg

not sure desertbred his bitch would have to be 11 years old next month the only sister of this dog i know of alive now, is maggie which pauls wife still has

sorry forgot the old lines was still about pal. It's this modern shite what's letting the breed down
  • Like 1