Clumsy Dog Or Unlucky!

How on earth can you think the monthly payments for insurance would exceed the amount you have paid out for 2 major surgeries?

I claimed just shy of 3 grand for one of mine last year. Her monthly payments are £18.

By my calculations I could pay the insurance for the next 13 years before we broke even on just that one surgery.

As said above all the best with the bitch. Some just aren't destined to reach retirement.

• Like 2

How on earth can you think the monthly payments for insurance would exceed the amount you have paid out for 2 major surgeries?

I claimed just shy of 3 grand for one of mine last year. Her monthly payments are £18.

By my calculations I could pay the insurance for the next 13 years before we broke even on just that one surgery.

As said above all the best with the bitch. Some just aren't destined to reach retirement.

I think the quote I got a while back was £28 or somewhere in that area. OK, so its not quite the couple of grand I have spent but I felt that insurance companies are slimy b%st$rds and wouldnt pay out and usually manage to find a way to get out of paying the full amount. Also with two other dogs it was definately a lot more than what I have spent on surgery. Also my springer is 9 shortly and has not been to the vets since she was a pup so feel that the money I would have paid on insuranve for her would certainly be way over what I have spent on the lurcher. I made the decision based on my risk assessment and am responsible for the animals and any expenditure that I have to endure during their lifetime, thats my commitment to my hounds during their lives.

Like I have stated, Money isnt really an issue, the post is more about the dogs welfare and where to go from here. Christ, cant make it any clearer!!! lol.

Thanks for the comments but not what I am looking for and a little off of the point.

Pat

Edited by redpat1
  • Like 1

Some dogs are'nt destined to make old bones, part of the dog game unfortunately

it normally happens to the special type. Lost two out in the field and both had that thing about them. Wanna close eyes some times watchin em. Bitch i got here is mad. some special catches alot wouldnt get. I like that type tho. Dont think she make 5 lol
  • Like 1

I think the quote I got a while back was £28 or somewhere in that area. OK, so its not quite the couple of grand I have spent but I felt that insurance companies are slimy b%st$rds and wouldnt pay out and usually manage to find a way to get out of paying the full amount. Also with two other dogs it was definately a lot more than what I have spent on surgery. Also my springer is 9 shortly and has not been to the vets since she was a pup so feel that the money I would have paid on insuranve for her would certainly be way over what I have spent on the lurcher. I made the decision based on my risk assessment and am responsible for the animals and any expenditure that I have to endure during their lifetime, thats my commitment to my hounds during their lives.

Like I have stated, Money isnt really an issue, the post is more about the dogs welfare and where to go from here. Christ, cant make it any clearer!!! lol.

Thanks for the comments but not what I am looking for and a little off of the point.

Pat

Only you can make the decision, if you think you can handle a hearty dog and dont mind the fees then keep her. If you think she is just far to injury prone and dont want the fees then find her somewhere more suitable or pts. Only you can decide.

You asked for general suggestions after telling us about massive vets bills.

Not sure what you want people to say?

You don't really ask a question. Apart from "what's next?".

Has anyone got a crystal ball for pat?

Edited to add if money ain't an object why let your poor sister foot half the bill?

Edited to add if money ain't an object why let your poor sister foot half the bill?

Christ Gaz 1989, you really arent to bright are you pal! lol. Its a simple enough question, What would others do with the dog after the accidents she has had? carry on working her or retire her to a more sedate (that means more relaxed) life. I didnt want money or insurance mentioned as it just clouds the issue, I wanted a general cross sectional review to see if the consensus (this means most answers) would be retirement or persevere with her.

I dont see whether I had insurance is any of your concern as I never mentioned it in the initial post. My sister, not that I need to tell you wanted to pay the bill in full and in fact did as she is fairly minted so I am not sure why you call her my "poor Sister", only accepting half the money as she felt the dog was in her care, she probably had the amount in her bag as loose change. lol. Where we come from we take resposibility and arent on the breadline. Oh and for your info I was recently retired early from work at the grand age of 40 due to a long standing brain injury recieved while competing in MMA and then re-injured at work, with a decent full pension for life, so there you go, money isnt an issue within reason, not thats its your business but you are obviously intrigued (that means very interested) in my circumstances.

This is exactly the sort of shite that keeps me off of a decent site. A bunch of nice people interested in helping each other out with advice and suggestions, spoilt by a few who are ruining it for all the others because they have chips on their shoulders (the crystal ball you mention shows me you are actually looking for a chip on your shoulder about now) due to their own personal circumstances. Honestly, no need to project your short comings on decent people who just want to get on. Its just embarrassing for yourself although people like you unfortunately cant see it. Please, please dont post on my threads again, its pretty sad really.

All the best

Pat

Edited by redpat1
  • Like 2

Some dogs are'nt destined to make old bones, part of the dog game unfortunately

it normally happens to the special type. Lost two out in the field and both had that thing about them. Wanna close eyes some times watchin em. Bitch i got here is mad. some special catches alot wouldnt get. I like that type tho. Dont think she make 5 lol

Thanks Paul, I do end up closing my eyes with her, especially with her finding her feet recently. I also think if I dont give her a less challenging life she will be lucky to make 5 or 6. I am decided, she will be kept away from prey as much as possible and given a more relaxed family life with my kids, actually, thats probably an even tougher proposition for her. lol

Thanks

Pat

Christ Gaz 1989, you really arent to bright are you pal! lol. Its a simple enough question, What would others do with the dog after the accidents she has had, carry on working her or retire her to a more sedate (that means more relaxed) life. I dont see whether I had insurance is any of your concern as I never mentioned it in the initial post. My sister, not that I need to tell you wanted to pay the bill in full and in fact did, only accepting half the money as she felt the dog was in her care. Where we come from we take resposibility and arent on the breadline. Oh and for your info I was recently retired early from work due to a long standing brain injury recieved while competing in MMA, with a decent full pension for life, so there you go, money isnt an issue within reason, not thats its your business but you are obviously intrigued (that means very interested) in my circumstances.

This is exactly the sort of shite that keeps me off of a decent site. A bunch of nice people interested in helping each other out with advice and suggestions, spoilt by a few who are ruining it for all the others because they have chips on their shoulders (im guessing you are actually looking for a chip on your shoulder about now) due to their own personal circumstances. Honestly, no need to project your short comings on decent people who just want to get on. Its just embarrassing for yourself although people like you unfortunately cant see it. Please, please dont post on my threads again, its pretty sad really.

All the best

Pat

???

• Like 2

Right, thanks very much ladies and gents. I have decided that the bitch will definitely be leading a less taxing life with myself and my family. Have no fear as she will still get the highest standard of care and plenty of exercise as she will be coming on more trail runs with me which will keep her at peak fitness, she just will be stopped from chasing prey and receiving further injuries.

Thanks again for your input for those that contributed in a sensible and constructive manner, it is much appreciated.

No further comments needed as I have asked for the thread to be locked to stop it being taken off track and ruined.

Thanks

Pat

Edited by redpat1

Clumsy? I'll give you clumsy....

This daft fuucker has just taken me out at full speed in a park full of feckin pet walkers. The language I used was not becoming in front of ladies and children :laugh:

• Like 1