Kanny mate to late pandorras box has been opened, with todays decision by the "law" it means any buisness or retailer etc etc has to by "law" serve any customer whatever they wish,

Heres an example which could, happen in future, say i pay a visit to england, an on my sight seeing, i head into a t shirt shop an ask for a tshirt, with the logo, SET IRELAND FREE, BRITS OUTS,

By "law" they have to do it, or else they could be taken to court an sued.....

Its stupid i know, but the law says you cant discrimate, cause of my political view, of wanting a free ireland...

Theres hundreds of possibiltys were buisness owners retailers, or just ordinary shops could be asked to make or sell something which they dont agree with its, another totalerin ruling from the law, gareth lee done it on pure badness, this is not the last of this, just the start....

• Like 2

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/verdict-due-in-ashers-bakery-gay-cake-court-case-1.2218032

I think it getting abit silly now.Why should you have to do something that your religion doesn't agree with and be took to court for it?imo they just after compo.bit like telling a halal caterer you want sausage rolls and pork and egg roll sandwiches on your buffet.

Putting the gay thing aside another thing to consider is its a double edged sword this religion thing ...I think the law was probably right to put people over religion otherwise we would just be opening a Pandoras box for the fanatics to take advantage of....we don't want this do we ?

Them signs are overboard mate, you have the right to travel anywere on public land, unless its private property...

I get what you are saying QB but what if the t shirt shop in your world with the right to discriminate had a sign up saying no blacks irish or travellers like not so long ago shops did here ...how you going to buy your t shirt then .. :lol: like you say its endless

Ludicrous this ruling if there was a cake or other item in the shop and they asked to buy said item and the ownersrefused because the ccustomers were gay then no sympathy but basically the court is making someone do something against their will. Might find a jewish one and have a free Palestine one made or muslim one with something they hate

I get what you are saying QB but what if the t shirt shop in your world with the right to discriminate had a sign up saying no blacks irish or travellers like not so long ago shops did here ...how you going to buy your t shirt then .. :lol: like you say its endless

Kanny they didnt discriminate, they offered to serve the cake, but not put the slogan on it, hows that discriminatory, its about common sense, an respecting each other, i could do what gareth lee done to a gay buisness, but im not childish, or attention seeking, or being a complete asshole, il respect somebody elses beleifs, an lifestyles, not look for confrontation...

• Like 1

Kanny they didnt discriminate, they offered to serve the cake, but not put the slogan on it, hows that discriminatory, its about common sense, an respecting each other, i could do what gareth lee done to a gay buisness, but im not childish, or attention seeking, or being a complete asshole, il respect somebody elses beleifs, an lifestyles, not look for confrontation...

im of the same thinking bud ...do unto others and all that...I agree Gareth Lee was nothing but attention seeking and it shouldn't have been taken to the law but it was and this was the point ....once it's in the laws hands then I don't think they have any choice but to take the person side over religious beliefs for the sake of the bigger picture with all the extremist nutters jumpling on the bandwagon.....its a shame it's like this .If you are ask to do something conflicting to your beliefs then you should be able to abstain no more said... Im defending the law not the people or circumstances involved for the reasons I've already said.

Kanny mate to late pandorras box has been opened, with todays decision by the "law" it means any buisness or retailer etc etc has to by "law" serve any customer whatever they wish,

Heres an example which could, happen in future, say i pay a visit to england, an on my sight seeing, i head into a t shirt shop an ask for a tshirt, with the logo, SET IRELAND FREE, BRITS OUTS,

By "law" they have to do it, or else they could be taken to court an sued.....

Its stupid i know, but the law says you cant discrimate, cause of my political view, of wanting a free ireland...

Theres hundreds of possibiltys were buisness owners retailers, or just ordinary shops could be asked to make or sell something which they dont agree with its, another totalerin ruling from the law, gareth lee done it on pure badness, this is not the last of this, just the start....

we all know it'll only work one way,if i done the same to a gay baker saying i wanted a cake that said 'straight pride' for example,i'd be the one charged for a hate crime.